Man U to sign Michael Owen

Another seemingly odd signing like Larsson was that will probably come off for Ferguson. Good move for both player and club me thinks.

Much as it sickens me to say it you're probably right, his fitness won't be that much of an issue because Man U are hardly going to rely on him to be playing every game. can't help but wonder which bit of his brochure sold him to them though - i'd like to think it was page 12,where (honest, check the link, i'm not making it up) his agents,who are clearly more used to designing cards to be put up in phone boxes,list 'Clean And Fresh' as one of his 'brand values'.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The signing of the Blessed St Henrik of Larsson was odd for people who hadn't watched him play all that much, but was pretty clearly a good move for that that had. He was never dead quick and lost a bit of nip when he broke his ankle I felt, but he had skill and vision that could have made him one of the best central midfielders in the world as easily as one of the best forwards - age was never going to be a big issue for him. Owen has adapted well from the lightening fast kid who broke through but has had to change his game a lot. I think maybe they will use him in slower games and where the other team are sitting back. There are not many as good at giving a full back 90 minutes of hell than him through his sheer knowledge.

As good as Larsson was I didnt think he'd sign for United at that stage of his career, which is how I feel about Owen signing for them now. Reckon it'll be similar to Solksjaer, Owen will nick a goal just when they need one. As much as I hate them Taggart is up there with the best, and this will probably turn out to be a shrewd signing. Could turn out to be good for England, but that would mean good for United.. hmmm!

Exactly Rosa, the lad on the "trials for latics" thread needs to look at the brochure made by Owens agents and make something similar, he'll be at a Championship club in no time :D

Edited by Butter