moving ground rumour

i can see that, it only been our home for over a 100 years, where all our greatest memories and achievments happened.

its part of our history, Boundary park is the home of oldham athletic.

if we have to move to survive and compete then we have to move with the times.

but for a oldham fan to say that is just :omg::wacko:

Well if you put it like that! :D

Really really really really would be gutted to leave BP. Ok, its a dump, but its out dump, a dump we can call home. Fair enough, if we have to move we have to move....but it has to be in Oldham, otherwise it just cant be home.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you put it like that! :D

Really really really really would be gutted to leave BP. Ok, its a dump, but its out dump, a dump we can call home. Fair enough, if we have to move we have to move....but it has to be in Oldham, otherwise it just cant be home.

Bolton seem happy now...

About sums it up...

I don't understand the attachment with BP... Although the whole thing and thinking from people is typically latics... stuck in the past...

As for the trust... 3% is nothing... The trust are nothing... Everything lags said is right...

bp is and for the majority of its life has been the spiritual home of oldham athletic...

i have witnessed every emotion associated with football inside that ground....and to just toss it aside as a matter of consequence is unjust.

yes we have a decaying stadium with 3 sides....but that isnt our fault,or the clubs....the credit crunch kicked in and bit us on the backside due to oldham council dragging there heels over the planning application.

had this not taken as long and the economic situation wasnt as bad then im confident the new main stand would be well under way by now,progress could be seen and the future would be optimistic...

but now the economy is knackered tta;s are looking to take advantage of very very low building costs to give the club a new stadium...as long as its in the borough of oldham then i havent a problem.

if the club decided to groundshare with rochdale,but at bp i also havent got a problem with it,as long as a new stadium is being considered...

i wouldnt want us to be nomadic for 4 or 5 years as with other clubs fans drift away.

How about if oldham athletic shared a ground for a while with another close team for a year or two. flatten boundary park then build a new ground with all the gubbins all the facilities etc. we already own the land. and theres more than enough room for a decent sized stadium. saves moving out of oldham (wich i really dont want to do) just needs a bit of funding to build. never really liked the idea of building houses around the current boundary park as theres no room for expansion (i know with our support at the min theres no way we need to expand past the 16k seater that was planned but you never know what will happen in the future). just a thought :).

From a website called Bolton Revisited: 'Bolton is a large town situated in Lancashire, in the north west of England, with a population of about 261,000. The current Metropolitan Borough of Bolton was created in 1974 and encompasses the townships of Bolton, Farnworth, Kearsley, Horwich, Westhoughton, Little Lever, Blackrod and South Turton, all of which retain their own unique characters, identity and history.'

Some places have town or parish councils for certain of their districts or 'townships'. Doesn't Saddleworth have a parish council, despite coming under Oldham council? I'm sure BWFC will pay Council Tax to Bolton.

http://www.boltonrevisited.org.uk/a-about-bolton.html