moving ground rumour

a few people over the last few days have been saying we are again in negotiations over leaving bp.

a couple of them do have conections to the club....and seem to be under the impression that the ferney field site option is being looked at again.

it would seem that if the residents who were so opposed to it in the first place,had a choice between a prison or a football club...the latter would win.

im not sure if there is anything in this....just wondering if anybody else had heard anything.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always a possibility.

But it might be something taken from the Furman thread where Tindall posted something that triggered a lot of speculation, then admitted he'd made it up.

maybe..but 2 people have mentioned it to me and they dont use the internet or message boards.

it would seem the farmer in question is desperate to cut his losses now the arris has fell out the building industry....the prison was a good idea as he would be gaurenteed the cash at a certain level and oldham council would have got compensation money for having a prison in its borough...but he has had sack fulls of hate mail and other things....so he may be ready to cut a deal with the club again to get the public off his back.

maybe..but 2 people have mentioned it to me and they dont use the internet or message boards.

it would seem the farmer in question is desperate to cut his losses now the arris has fell out the building industry....the prison was a good idea as he would be gaurenteed the cash at a certain level and oldham council would have got compensation money for having a prison in its borough...but he has had sack fulls of hate mail and other things....so he may be ready to cut a deal with the club again to get the public off his back.

Two options for him: Go ahead with the prison, take the money and run

or look to sell the land for something more acceptable and start the planning process again. I'd take the cash but I'm not in his position.

Having spoken to a number of people who are connected with the club, it appears that a deal has already been struck to sell the ground and its land to the NHS.

However, one reliable source has told me that the Broadway site they are looking at is not at Foxdenton, but the bottom of Broadway in Failsworth.

The way I see it, if people are prepared to travel that far, they might just decide to travel another two miles and watch City in the prem instead.

Having spoken to a number of people who are connected with the club, it appears that a deal has already been struck to sell the ground and its land to the NHS.

However, one reliable source has told me that the Broadway site they are looking at is not at Foxdenton, but the bottom of Broadway in Failsworth.

The way I see it, if people are prepared to travel that far, they might just decide to travel another two miles and watch City in the prem instead.

dont be silly who would want to watch that tripe :D if we did move to a manchester site i wouldnt care if the club would be under a manchester council as there more helpfull our town makes me sick im up for a move

Edited by KUNGFOO

Pretty much anywhere south of Oldham means you could use the same line, with "5 miles" instead. Are you suggesting that the fans from Shaw and Royton are not so loyal?

The other side to the argument is that people in Moston(or wherever is near any new ground) might decide to walk to Latics to watch football.

It's all speculation though.

Pretty much anywhere south of Oldham means you could use the same line, with "5 miles" instead. Are you suggesting that the fans from Shaw and Royton are not so loyal?

The other side to the argument is that people in Moston(or wherever is near any new ground) might decide to walk to Latics to watch football.

be better out of this dump of a town anyone ever notice if u drive out of oldham its sunny and when driving back towards oldham there is allways a big dirty cloud over it haha

I'm not suggesting any latics fans aren't loyal. Future fans are more likely to be tempted by the standard of footie a couple of miles away though.

And we can forget any hopes of a new catchment area - it's fiercely and almost exclusively City/utd territory down there.

you would change your club because theres a better one not so far away? what about the latics fans who live in south? why dont they support chelsea or arsenal?

I think they should build one on that site behind stoneleigh park in derker thats abandoned because:

1) the council moved everyone out to renovate the place, then run out of money so there is barely anyone there

2) being from derker myself i can say that the residents who still live there would be happy that the council is actually letting us have anything at all

3) the site is massive (its actually between stoneleigh park n sholver) plenty of space to develop

just my opinion anyway

you would change your club because theres a better one not so far away? what about the latics fans who live in south? why dont they support chelsea or arsenal?

I think they should build one on that site behind stoneleigh park in derker thats abandoned because:

1) the council moved everyone out to renovate the place, then run out of money so there is barely anyone there

2) being from derker myself i can say that the residents who still live there would be happy that the council is actually letting us have anything at all

3) the site is massive (its actually between stoneleigh park n sholver) plenty of space to develop

just my opinion anyway

makes me laff how all these :censored:tty little clubs get to build there stadium and we have to wait like 10 years and still nothing oldham council are so unhelpfull and slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Just to clarify re the bottom of broadway, although failsworth is technically a manchester postcode, it is still within the oldham boundary and (unfortunately) would still be under Oldham Council

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO were dooooomed doooooooomed i tell yah

Think he is referring to the floating fans there

... a new stadium or development of BP will only bring those floaters in to watch Latics. People want value for money, yep only a few quid more to go and watch the premiership at City. But give people good facilities at Latics and they will come.

... a new stadium or development of BP will only bring those floaters in to watch Latics. People want value for money, yep only a few quid more to go and watch the premiership at City. But give people good facilities at Latics and they will come.

the trouble is....with down bottom of broadway....would it be a simple football stadium....or would it be the cash making self sufficient development they wanted at the bp site.

the ferney field site is one they wanted to develop as a big attraction and not just the stadium...it was supposed to be self sufficient,so it pays for the club and team,and generates income to give us stability and sustainability for years to come...meaning that tta's dont have to constantly dip into there pockets...

if its just a stadium,then its no better than bp.....we cant sell out a 3 sided ground so how we gonna sell out a new stadium...

what about the latics fans who live in south? why dont they support chelsea or arsenal?

Listen to the man. He has already had to cope with a nephew moving to Croydon and starting supporting the Stripey Nigels.