Lee and Wolfy

ahh rite, i dont know when he left but the Bury stuff got put up, somebody must be standing in for the time being

Wasn't G at Bury yesterday unable to commentate? So someone else might have updated the OS. Unless Gordon himself did it from Gigg Lane whilst waiting for the pies.

Updategate.

Kieran Lee is the most technically gifted player in the squad, he and Eardley will/would be awesome down the right hand side. There is no way Penney would release him....keeping posession in this league is a major asset, Lee has that asset in abundance!

Kieran Lee is the most technically gifted player in the squad, he and Eardley will/would be awesome down the right hand side. There is no way Penney would release him....keeping posession in this league is a major asset, Lee has that asset in abundance!

I wouldnt put money on that if I was a betting man.

If he is so technically gifted, why is it that three managers (shez, royle and by looks of it penney if this thread is anything to go by) dont rate him

And why did he only make a handfull of appearances last season?

Edited by Lookers_Carl

his true position is an attacking CM NOT right wing hence why he always cuts in when played there. He cant seem to keep/get fit and his attitude is poor according to some close to him, if thats the case then DP is in charge.

I trust DP, if he thinks we can get better then so be it, we have to back his decisions, like it or not. I think he has potential/ability but if he isnt committed/showing it then DP knows best.

If he is so technically gifted, why is it that three managers (shez, royle and by looks of it penney if this thread is anything to go by) dont rate him

Eh? Royle loved him, saying he was techincally best player at the club, and as for DP not liking him, well that's just your opinion based on zip (or rumour at best).

his true position is an attacking CM NOT right wing hence why he always cuts in when played there. He cant seem to keep/get fit and his attitude is poor according to some close to him, if thats the case then DP is in charge.

I trust DP, if he thinks we can get better then so be it, we have to back his decisions, like it or not. I think he has potential/ability but if he isnt committed/showing it then DP knows best.

+1

from what I have seen of lee he seems to be a pretty talented footballer

however, regardless of the rumours regarding his attitude, I get the feeling he is way down the pecking order, behind worthington, furman, purdie and whittaker for the CM spot, and behind smalley and purdie for the RM spot at the mo

there have been many instances at this club and others where talented footballers are released because they dont fit in with the new managers style of play (worthington, i believe, was a first team regular untill clarke got the managers job at hudd)

If his wage can go towards bringing in a decent striker then id be all for it

Because he is behind worthington, furman, whittaker and purdie and poss stephens in the pecking order?

although you are possibly right............what do you base that comment on?

You can't have seen much of Worthington, Furman, Purdie & Stephens to suggest they are looking better....on the contary Lee looked much better at Hyde & Halifax!!

to be fair can anybody tell me when Lee has had a poor game when given a start?

because penney doesnt rate him and might want to free up wages for other areas where we need them, ie a striker?

Yeah I could go for that, however why don't we release Whits.......I watched him all last season and think he is far too light weight for CM and is completly lost out wide

Eh? Royle loved him,

Where did royle say he loved him?

and as for DP not liking him, well that's just your opinion based on zip.

Based on the team he played at bury, which was near as damn it a full strength team

And kieron lee wasn't even named on the bench.

although you are possibly right............what do you base that comment on?

You can't have seen much of Worthington, Furman, Purdie & Stephens to suggest they are looking better....on the contary Lee looked much better at Hyde & Halifax!!

to be fair can anybody tell me when Lee has had a poor game when given a start?

Yeah I could go for that, however why don't we release Whits.......I watched him all last season and think he is far too light weight for CM and is completly lost out wide

If it was based solely on talent I would agree, release whitts. I was one of the many on here crying for kieron lee to be given a go

I never suggested they are looking better, I suggested that they are above him in the pecking order

Two different things

Absolutely totally agree... however, from all accounts Whitaker at least wants to be a professional footballer, the same cant be said for Lee. There are far too many reports coming out of the club saying he cant be arsed - generally there aint no smoke without fire...

As has been said... if DP needs the money from their wages to bring in a decent second striker... well there wont be any tears from me....

However... I would be tempted to try and swap Whits for someone who has the ability to update our website....

I never suggested they are looking better, I suggested that they are above him in the pecking order

Two different things

Based on the team DP picked for Bury where he mentioned he would be fielding a stronger side, I do believe you are correct regarding the pecking order....but the whole issue with Lee leaves me baffled.......nearly every supporter on here has suggested thet they have liked what they have seen from Lee when he gets a chance...........maybe he does have a :censored:ty attitude, who knows...one thing is for sure it can't be based on not taking his chance!!

Is fitness Lee's Achilles heel? Maybe it's not even attitude based, I dunno. The none-evil Mark Hughes more or less had to drop out of the game despite a great attitude and his Big Mac diet, there could be more to it than meets the eye.

Or he might be a lazy Billy Big Bollocks, I really just don't know.

i know.

what would we have done without him last season?

as opposed to what we could of done with him........I'm passed defending him......DP will do what he feels he must to keep this club ticking along and I have no problem with that...he has my full support