Lee and Wolfy

i don.t know about wolfy but lee has NOT been released,however he has been told he can go out on loan. he told me on saturday that he doesn,t want to go on loan he wants to stay and fight for a place,and as the ressies are back in the league he would be able to keep his fitness up. obviously will have to see what happens when he tells dp,personally i think he should make the move he needs to be playing and joe royal did warn him that he wasn,t dp type of player,personally i feel sorry for the kid

i don.t know about wolfy but lee has NOT been released,however he has been told he can go out on loan. he told me on saturday that he doesn,t want to go on loan he wants to stay and fight for a place,and as the ressies are back in the league he would be able to keep his fitness up. obviously will have to see what happens when he tells dp,personally i think he should make the move he needs to be playing and joe royal did warn him that he wasn,t dp type of player,personally i feel sorry for the kid

Right, not speaking out of turn and having spoke to the people closet to Kieran..........................

Big Joe thought Kieran was the best footballer at the club, kept the ball and always found a man!!

DP has told Kieran he can go out on loan, DP also told him that his style of play is better suited to a standard above this division and that he won't fit into the team he is trying to get together.

Kieran would love to play at Oldham, he passed up at great opportunity at QPR, he would have earned more money and would have been playing at a higher level. His commitment to Oldham cannot be questioned, he won't go out on loan because he want's to fight for a place.

The lad is commited, his only 'failing' is that he's been brought up as a Premier League footballer and he's trying to acclimatise to Div 1.

Cut the :censored: and give him some slack, he's a big fish in a small pond, through no fault of his own!!!

obviously not seen anything of purdie yet but is deane smalley honestly a better right winger at the moment? potentialy yes but his current level he doesnt find a player as often and crosses arnt always accurate? he mite be to technical for the team dp wants to build but out wide a bit of technical class cant be a bad thing surely?

Right, not speaking out of turn and having spoke to the people closet to Kieran..........................

Big Joe thought Kieran was the best footballer at the club, kept the ball and always found a man!!

DP has told Kieran he can go out on loan,DP also told him that his style of play is better suited to a standard above this division and that he won't fit into the team he is trying to get together.

Kieran would love to play at Oldham, he passed up at great opportunity at QPR, he would have earned more money and would have been playing at a higher level. His commitment to Oldham cannot be questioned, he won't go out on loan because he want's to fight for a place.

The lad is commited, his only 'failing' is that he's been brought up as a Premier League footballer and he's trying to acclimatise to Div 1.

Cut the :censored: and give him some slack, he's a big fish in a small pond, through no fault of his own!!!

DP also told him that his style of play is better suited to a standard above this division and that he won't fit into the team he is trying to get together.

I really can't get my head around that statement.

So Dave Penney is hand picking players to get out of this division....So does that mean if we go up he would change the whole team?

No point showing any interest in Paul Scholes then eh?

DP has told Kieran he can go out on loan, DP also told him that his style of play is better suited to a standard above this division and that he won't fit into the team he is trying to get together.

couldn,t agree more,and do think he could fit in given the chance

I am pretty confident you ahve spoken to someone close smart.

I think that DP has tried to protect Kieran Lee with warmer words, but KL might have only heard the nice bit, not read betweent he lines.

Not that it is a bad thing, and backs up DP reputation for good man management.

But we all know that any Prem player (eg Scholes or whoever) would get hacked to pieces if he comes to Div 1, and I think KL would be a target because an opponent might have the excuse he "looks/or is preceived to think " as though he thinks he is a cut above (event hough KL might not have done anything to warrant that.

So I think DP is saying KL has to learn to adapt his style, and he might need to be a bit cuter in that style. I am guessing, but it even sounds like KL is a bit confused about what he needs to do.

So yes a bit of time on loan might do him some good, but come back and watch some Latics games and see what is being tried to achieved.

Thnask for a very interesting post Smart

Edited by singe

I never tire of hearing the theory that Paul Scholes, who has faced pretty much every decent, hard, violent and dirty midfielder in the world and never shirked a single challenge, would be quaking in his boots at the prospect of facing the slower smaller cloggers down the league. After the first couple to try it were stretchered off trying to hold their intestines in I think the rest might think twice...

Edited by leeslover

I never tire of hearing the theory that Paul Scholes, who has faced pretty much every decent, hard, violent and dirty midfielder in the world and never shirked a single challenge, would be quaking in his boots at the prospect of facing the slower smaller cloggers down the league. After the first couple to try it were stretchered off trying to hold their intestines in I think the rest might think twice...

You are right LL I put that.

I will revise what I meant though, in view of what you have said. I think someone like Scholes is too cute for that, although I just would worry some really dopey player really went out to injure him, but that Keirean Lee is not adapting his game or capable of looking after himself in the way Scholes would.

Scholes has been up against some of the most dirty and cynical players, and coped very well so would not be phased by League One in terms of adapatability, but KL might.

You are right LL I put that.

I will revise what I meant though, in view of what you have said. I think someone like Scholes is too cute for that, although I just would worry some really dopey player really went out to injure him, but that Keirean Lee is not adapting his game or capable of looking after himself in the way Scholes would.

Scholes has been up against some of the most dirty and cynical players, and coped very well so would not be phased by League One in terms of adapatability, but KL might.

Probably because, despite the angelic reputation he's somehow acquired, he's a dirty and cynical player himself. Absolute quality, but he knows exactly what he's doing with those supposed mis-timed tackles that he never seems to get a shred of criticsm for.

And why did he only make a handfull of appearances last season?

He got injured at start of season/friendly, so when recovered from injury could not get his match fitness up because sheridan demolished the reserve side we had.

Good luck Wolf. Just couldn't seem to be fit when the chance for a break through was there.

As for Lee, I do think with some football he could be a good player for the club. Maybe actually playing some games will give him some confidence and he can start enjoying his football.