Andy Liddell - sad news

my misses wanted a kid for years we had 3 failed attemps misarages all 4 or 5 months in then eventually she fella pregnent again this time we was lucky gave birth to a beautifull little girl who is now 3 years old after all that termoil my misses this year has been diagnosed with lung cancer which is un-cureable its like one thing after another i writen a blog about it on my multigaming site if anyone is intrested please read it http://www.tlr-clan.co.uk/index.php?page=blogs&id=41

i'm so sorry mate, life really is horribly unfair sometimes. This thread's pretty humbling.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you walk up Sheetfoot Lane after a particulary rubbish game, look up at the hospital and spare a thought for all those babies fighting for their lives in the special care baby unit (SCBU). Our son was in there after he was born, not for long, but many of the babies are there for weeks, gradually moving up rooms and getting closer to the outside world. I used to stand at the windows that overlook Boundary Park and tell him that one day I would take him there. We were lucky and less than a week later I was able to take him to his first game but some of the babies and families are not so lucky.

So, when Latics have lost to a goal that's come about by a defensive error and you are complaining whilst walking away from the game, look up at those windows and remember it's only a game :-)

As you walk up Sheetfoot Lane after a particulary rubbish game, look up at the hospital and spare a thought for all those babies fighting for their lives in the special care baby unit (SCBU). Our son was in there after he was born, not for long, but many of the babies are there for weeks, gradually moving up rooms and getting closer to the outside world. I used to stand at the windows that overlook Boundary Park and tell him that one day I would take him there. We were lucky and less than a week later I was able to take him to his first game but some of the babies and families are not so lucky.

So, when Latics have lost to a goal that's come about by a defensive error and you are complaining whilst walking away from the game, look up at those windows and remember it's only a game :-)

Well said Lisa. Well said.

Life is too short.

my son was born healthy thank god and i stood with him at the window in the delivery room and showed him boundary park and he is still a latics fan at 28

all my thoughts are with you andy i went to the masters saturday you were brilliant such strength

• 1 month later...