Interest rates on savings

Interest rates

AT the moment, I am not in a position where I can forego interest on savings.

We use it for our day to day living so my wife can stay at home and look after our toddler, but it would be interesting to know how much Oldham made out of this.

£1m for Stoke last year. At first I read it as £6.7m last year!

I know we don't have a local building society, and trouble with unemployment, but that sort of money could be handy!

MAybe this could be something to target the kids with, to keep them intreswted in LAtics during their younger years.

Edited by singe

Think we had some sort of scheme with a building society but the rates weren't very good and then you had a small percentage of that given to the club. If they offered a good rate before they started taking deductions if might be worth it but I doubt anyone would do that.

Interest rates

AT the moment, I am not in a position where I can forego interest on savings.

We use it for our day to day living so my wife can stay at home and look after our toddler, but it would be interesting to know how much Oldham made out of this.

£1m for Stoke last year. At first I read it as £6.7m last year!

I know we don't have a local building society, and trouble with unemployment, but that sort of money could be handy!

MAybe this could be something to target the kids with, to keep them intreswted in LAtics during their younger years.

I am sure that there was a "partnershio with a Building Society a seoson or two ago

Probably Sean Jarvis days

Think we had some sort of scheme with a building society but the rates weren't very good and then you had a small percentage of that given to the club. If they offered a good rate before they started taking deductions if might be worth it but I doubt anyone would do that.

Beat me to it : :lol:

I am sure that there was a "partnershio with a Building Society a seoson or two ago

Probably Sean Jarvis days

Yes we did, but as you and MAcca said, the interest was abysmal. As Macca says, half decent interest rate would work.

I notice that Portsmouth are doing 2.2%, that would not work for me, but I would certianly put something in for my son. Not £1,000's but regualr and get the family to contribute too.

As it says in the BBC article, the scheme are run in the main by one of 3 operators. Ours was run by N and P (check the commercial partner page of O/S) and in all honesty there is no real difference in the rates.

The only reason clubs like Stoke and Norwich have 'had' that amount of money is purely due to sheer numbers of their fans/amount of money that has been put in. That isn't because the deal the club/fans were getting was any better than the one we had, just purely because loyalty to the club overtook pure economic benefits (in better general conditions).

So in answer to your question, we have/had one it's nothing new and in the current circumstances there is absolutely no point going back to it as the rates are just no where near competitive enough. Best that people start using Teamcard and provide the club with an income that way.

As it says in the BBC article, the scheme are run in the main by one of 3 operators. Ours was run by N and P (check the commercial partner page of O/S) and in all honesty there is no real difference in the rates.

The only reason clubs like Stoke and Norwich have 'had' that amount of money is purely due to sheer numbers of their fans/amount of money that has been put in. That isn't because the deal the club/fans were getting was any better than the one we had, just purely because loyalty to the club overtook pure economic benefits (in better general conditions).

So in answer to your question, we have/had one it's nothing new and in the current circumstances there is absolutely no point going back to it as the rates are just no where near competitive enough. Best that people start using Teamcard and provide the club with an income that way.

IT is interesting. The rates do vary (between 0.5% for wALsall and 2.2%) but suspect that it depends on local building society puitting some money in as sponsorship.

THe Team Card doesn't really work for me, I'm not locally based, and I'm lookng for long term association with the club, I'm looking for long term saving not spending, and none of the suppliers are toddler based.

Each to their own of course, what's right for me might not be right for other people.

Guest FyldeBlue
IT is interesting. The rates do vary (between 0.5% for wALsall and 2.2%) but suspect that it depends on local building society puitting some money in as sponsorship.

THe Team Card doesn't really work for me, I'm not locally based, and I'm lookng for long term association with the club, I'm looking for long term saving not spending, and none of the suppliers are toddler based.

Each to their own of course, what's right for me might not be right for other people.

Hi Singe,

You can get 3.5% Gross at Alliance & Leicester, Abbey National and of course Santander, which is the parent Company, they are also offering 4.5% gross on a Fixed Rate Bond with absolutely no restrictions other than a 1 year minimum period.

We have been with them for over 25 years, great service and when others, such as RBS are offering 0.7% its obvious where you go to. :grin:

FB