Loan deals for Saturday?

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron quotes DP:

“We should have a better idea today as to their chances (Eardley, Jacobson & Worthington), but I may be looking at a couple of short-term loans if they are ruled out.”

Meanwhile the players are working on their defensive play in a bid to cut down the number of goals conceded and also to perfect set-pieces which Penney describes as an important part of their play.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...isis-loan-deals

“We should have a better idea today as to their chances (Eardley, Jacobson & Worthington), but I may be looking at a couple of short-term loans if they are ruled out.”

Meanwhile the players are working on their defensive play in a bid to cut down the number of goals conceded and also to perfect set-pieces which Penney describes as an important part of their play.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...isis-loan-deals

Doesn't bode well.

Two possible new faces at full back and the dynamic duo in the middle! :shock:

:blink:

Havent we got about 10 full backs on our books now... be the last place i'd be looking for a loan!

Holdsworth can play in midfield too...

:blink:

Havent we got about 10 full backs on our books now... be the last place i'd be looking for a loan!

Holdsworth can play in midfield too...

thats what i thought, id be suprised if all 3 are ruled out so presuming worthington plays put holdsworth at right back and steer at left back

unless they are gonna be out for a while i dont see the point in bringing anyone in

I'd put Lomax or Black in at left back ahead of Steer. Unless he's been awesome in training.

To be honest, don't really see the need for any loan cover. Worst case they're all out and we play Lomax at RB, Steer at LB and Holdsworth at CM.

I'd put Lomax or Black in at left back ahead of Steer. Unless he's been awesome in training.

To be honest, don't really see the need for any loan cover. Worst case they're all out and we play Lomax at RB, Steer at LB and Holdsworth at CM.

was in the men yesterday how he isnt happy with the defence,and may bring in a couple of new faces....

lets face it,its the weakest link at the moment.any team with a bit of pace upfront and midfield will rip us a new one.

The lad Steer had a good game at Salford City tonight. He breaks forward fast, has lots of pace and whipped a brilliant cross in which should have been buried by the triallist striker (Hungarian Chris Porter doppelganger). His run forward led to him being dragged back in the box for the winning penno too.