Downloading the flash videos on LP

Has anyone sussed how to download the flash videos from Latics Player yet.

I use firefox and have tried the "Flash Video Resources" extension, it works fine for downloading youtube etc but not the Player. I've sent the authors an email but I'm not holding my breath.

So, any other ideas?

Has anyone sussed how to download the flash videos from Latics Player yet.

I use firefox and have tried the "Flash Video Resources" extension, it works fine for downloading youtube etc but not the Player. I've sent the authors an email but I'm not holding my breath.

So, any other ideas?

I raised the question of downloading videos from Latics Player on another thread as I was having trouble playing them without first downloading.

Ackey (Webmonkey) answered my question and offered some advice and tips, but did say that videos could not currently be downloaded from player.

It turns out that my internet connection at work is crap and really slow (hence the problems), as I can play them with no problem and without downloading first at home with a decent internet connection.

You can't download clips from Latics player they are blocked for obvious reasons.

In that case, I think I am going to have to cancel my subscription to Player. Due to being miles away from the Shaw telephone exchange, I have a crap Internet connection, so streaming videos can be very frustrating.

I aint paying for something I can't watch.

In that case, I think I am going to have to cancel my subscription to Player. Due to being miles away from the Shaw telephone exchange, I have a crap Internet connection, so streaming videos can be very frustrating.

I aint paying for something I can't watch.

Fair enough, how far away are you and what sort of speeds do you get?

On a slight tangent on LP, is there a timescale on how long it'll be before the archive and classic Latics matches will be available on Player? All it says is "Coming Soon" which, if I know Latics well enough it'll either be never, or fricking yonks away.

To be honest, at the moment the Latics Player isn't better than was available on LW, functionally. It just looks a bit nicer is all.

On a slight tangent on LP, is there a timescale on how long it'll be before the archive and classic Latics matches will be available on Player? All it says is "Coming Soon" which, if I know Latics well enough it'll either be never, or fricking yonks away.

To be honest, at the moment the Latics Player isn't better than was available on LW, functionally. It just looks a bit nicer is all.

And it works on all OS's, not restricted to just windows

I've notice the same thing and have mentioned it, they will eventually be loaded but seems out of the hands of the club. I suspect that as this was rolled out to all clubs at the same time ..... we're playing a waiting game and waiting for the host to pull it's finger out.

Have to agree with that.

And it works on all OS's, not restricted to just windows

True. I was just looking at it from my own, selfish perspective!

I know it's [The lack of archives etc.] not really in the clubs hands but I do expect the club to be banging and stamping feet at the supplier to get this available post haste. A lot of people are paying monthly subscriptions, so I think it'd be fair to suggest a discount for every month it is down.

I think a real breakthrough would be to make LP available on smartphones. The technology is there to do it.

True. I was just looking at it from my own, selfish perspective!

I know it's [The lack of archives etc.] not really in the clubs hands but I do expect the club to be banging and stamping feet at the supplier to get this available post haste. A lot of people are paying monthly subscriptions, so I think it'd be fair to suggest a discount for every month it is down.

I think a real breakthrough would be to make LP available on smartphones. The technology is there to do it.

I have enquired as to when the old Latics World video's will be available on Player, however with the start of the season so close and all that entails, plus the rush of signings yesterday, I have not been able to chase it as actively as I would have liked.

I will continue to investigate and keep you all informed as best I can.

I've actually just this minute had confirmation from PTV/FLi that the old video's will be available in "the next roll out" of Player, which should be within "the next couple of months".

I apologies for this delay, however it's out of the clubs (both Latics and all other clubs) hands.

I've actually just this minute had confirmation from PTV/FLi that the old video's will be available in "the next roll out" of Player, which should be within "the next couple of months".

I apologies for this delay, however it's out of the clubs (both Latics and all other clubs) hands.

Cheers Ackey. Feedback like this is all we can ask for.

Cheers Ackey. Feedback like this is all we can ask for.

Indeed, despite all the troubles I've had PTV/FLi have been fantastic in trying to solve the problems.

Also, whilst I will endeavour to reply to threads like this on OWTB.co.uk where ever possible, obviously I can't commit the time to this site I did when I worked here, so if you or anyone else has an issue you'd like to raise please contact me using the email button below.

Fair enough, how far away are you and what sort of speeds do you get?

I live in Newhey but am on the Shaw Exchange, so I am right on the outer limit of that exchange.

Just ran a speed test and I am getting 778.89 Kbps download speed.

Indeed, despite all the troubles I've had PTV/FLi have been fantastic in trying to solve the problems.

Also, whilst I will endeavour to reply to threads like this on OWTB.co.uk where ever possible, obviously I can't commit the time to this site I did when I worked here, so if you or anyone else has an issue you'd like to raise please contact me using the email button below.

Too busy eating bananas? :grin:

Hope you are enjoying the job.