Oldham v Stockport

Anybody know why Rotherham managed over 10000 at the Don Valley stadium?

That is pretty freakish. According to their website they were happy to have passed 1500 ST sales. I suppose they have had a proper rollercoaster the last two seasons, one of the best teams aside from continual points deductions, plus the positive effects of the fans having to be constantly on the verge of a fight for survival. Maybe a reverse effect of being homeless etc? I fear for them anyway, despite being closer to the edge than most twice in two years they have still gone and spent £150,000 on one player. Not many signs of lessons learnt.

That is pretty freakish. According to their website they were happy to have passed 1500 ST sales. I suppose they have had a proper rollercoaster the last two seasons, one of the best teams aside from continual points deductions, plus the positive effects of the fans having to be constantly on the verge of a fight for survival. Maybe a reverse effect of being homeless etc? I fear for them anyway, despite being closer to the edge than most twice in two years they have still gone and spent £150,000 on one player. Not many signs of lessons learnt.

Perhaps there's something in the pipeline regarding ownership. Very odd that they should get a crowd like that while playing in a neighbouring town, one of whose clubs also attracted a 30000 gate on the same day.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Perhaps there's something in the pipeline regarding ownership. Very odd that they should get a crowd like that while playing in a neighbouring town, one of whose clubs also attracted a 30000 gate on the same day.

Well, they have finally got their long term owners/landlords the Booth family out of the picture, which for Rotherham fans is something like Count Dracula finally divorcing your mother after 30 years of marriage. I suspect that they must have had specials on regardless though, it is sooo far above what you would have expected.

Well, they have finally got their long term owners/landlords the Booth family out of the picture, which for Rotherham fans is something like Count Dracula finally divorcing your mother after 30 years of marriage. I suspect that they must have had specials on regardless though, it is sooo far above what you would have expected.

Was the Rovrum attendance based on a head count? As given the amount of inbreeding in South 'Yokshire' then I do believe the crowd may have been in the region of 5,000.