Oldham v Stockport

1,800 from Stockport (1,250 sold).

2,700 season ticket holders minus some on holiday = 2,500.

1,600 pay on the day.

5,900 I think.

Is the old score/crowd/first scorer prediction thingie going to run? - I have a title to defend!!

Edited by opinions4u

1,800 from Stockport (1,250 sold).

2,700 season ticket holders minus some on holiday = 2,500.

1,600 pay on the day.

5,900 I think.

Is the old score/crowd/first scorer prediction thingie going to run? - I have a title to defend!!

that's pessimistic, Byfield on a short term deal and the Oldham sunshine is surely going to get pulses racing

Edited by longtimeblue

that's pessimistic, Byfield on a short term deal and the Oldham sunshine is surely going to get pulses racing

:grin:

I hope it's a lot more. On reflection, it probably will be a little higher.

7,605 at BP v Stockport last season.

5,367 v Millwall on opening day.

5,367 + 1,300 additional away fans (I recall 500 Millwall fans) - 300 "lost" home fans = 6,367. My revised prediction!

Edited by opinions4u

Glad the crowd was better than some of the pessimists predicted (eh Corp? :grin: ). But have to say I was disappointed. First home game of the season has tended to be above 7k throughout our slide in average attendances ... and that was seldom with the help of 1600 away fans.

5300 home fans on the first day does not bode well. Hopefully we can string some good results together early doors and entice a few more in.

but still that is better than opening day of last season ?

Is it? Must admit I hadn't checked, just thought we'd made 7k from memory.

Edit: You're right, only 5367 v Millwall last season!

Edited by garcon

Glad the crowd was better than some of the pessimists predicted (eh Corp? :grin: ). But have to say I was disappointed. First home game of the season has tended to be above 7k throughout our slide in average attendances ... and that was seldom with the help of 1600 away fans.

5300 home fans on the first day does not bode well. Hopefully we can string some good results together early doors and entice a few more in.

I admit to being pleasantly surprised, although the weather probably put at least 500 on the gate. If it had been as rainy as some days recently I doubt if we'd have scraped 6000.

Stockport also brought more than I expected if that 1600 figure is right. I thought they might have reverted to the days when they'd bring 700 for a local derby.

Anybody know why Rotherham managed over 10000 at the Don Valley stadium?