Holds it up great.

Super first touch.

Very clever link play, deft cushioned headers and chest downs ...

all in all superb debut, looked like the player who terrorised us at BP when at Hud.

Okay .. fair enough should hav layed it off to Byfield, but he looks a danger on the deck and from crosses ... i can see 15+ easy for him if fit :unsure:

I for one am very optimistic for this coming season !!

Holds it up great.

Super first touch.

Very clever link play, deft cushioned headers and chest downs ...

all in all superb debut, looked like the player who terrorised us at BP when at Hud.

Okay .. fair enough should hav layed it off to Byfield, but he looks a danger on the deck and from crosses ... i can see 15+ easy for him if fit :unsure:

I for one am very optimistic for this coming season !!

Boombastic likes

I thought his first touch was very good, seemd to bring the ball down to his feet, or to another player with ease and not touching it off the field.

With it being the first game of the season they'll have been up for it, give them a few games of constantly defending and they'll soon get tired. When we play them in their neck of the woods expect us to bag a few.

Back to Abbott, I among others thought he looked parped after 20 mins, standing in front of Fon Williams hands on hips leaning over, breathing deep, expected him to be replaced at HT but he kept finding the energy to have bursts of speed to win balls.

I do think he should have laid it off to Byfield but then again...at least we got a striker who isnt affraid to have a shot

Yup, his control was awesome, don't know where S_W is coming from because all match he was taking it down and laying it off for Parker or Byfield.

Chill out for christ's sake it was the first game and Stockport playing ten behind the ball came for a draw and were a little lucky to succeed.

There was alot to be positive about yesterday and at last we have strikers who can hold the ball up.

I thought Parker caused a few problems, Byfield did well when he came on, and although he didn't score Abbott had a great debut.

Hazell had a steady game and anybody who says Gregan's a liability doesn't know what they're talking about.

Furman and Worthington look a good pairing in the middle and we now have a good quality of player on subs bench.

I'm very optimistic this season and if we can click then we can have a big say in the promotion stakes.

As Norwich found out yesterday 1 v 7!!!!!........reputations count for nothing!!!

First and foremost you have to battle in this league and now we have a good mix of players who can adapt and change when neccesary...I'm quietly confident this could be a good season!

Example of hypocrisy in 5 easy words :grin:

One thing I did notice, it also happened a couple of times........the gap needs to be filled in/ around the "D" when crosses are coming in....no one there, both forwards drifted out leaving a massive gap therefore a ball gone to waste, probably picked up by DP too.

Good spot. Probably the kind of position Furman should be taking up, although sometimes he was already involved in the forward line. Wouldn't want Taylor to drop in there because he's lethal at the back post.