Yet another DD pro footballer

This time David Bentley as to apologise to the club and fans and says his actions were totally unacceptable. Another case of a big fish with a small club with idea's of grandeur all going horribly wrong.

Edited by Lags

It isn’t just me is it who doesn’t understand why people who earn more in a week than I do in a year are incapable of getting a taxi? Like, if it comes to it hiring a taxi driver and telling him to wait all night for you and to pick you outside the club, and if you fancy tell him to have his wife ready in the back seat for you?

Edit - just seen the story, not just breathalysed and over the limit, crashed into a lamp post in the early hours. What a prick.

Edited by leeslover

It isn’t just me is it who doesn’t understand why people who earn more in a week than I do in a year are incapable of getting a taxi? Like, if it comes to it hiring a taxi driver and telling him to wait all night for you and to pick you outside the club, and if you fancy tell him to have his wife ready in the back seat for you?

Edit - just seen the story, not just breathalysed and over the limit, crashed into a lamp post in the early hours. What a prick.

Exactly what I always think thought - the only reason to ever drink and drive is to save cash. Even then the only times I have ever drank and driven (or drunk and drove?!) were when I was young(er) and dumb(er).

Maybe the courts should consider that the mega rich have even less excuse than the average joe?

Exactly what I always think thought - the only reason to ever drink and drive is to save cash. Even then the only times I have ever drank and driven (or drunk and drove?!) were when I was young(er) and dumb(er).

Maybe the courts should consider that the mega rich have even less excuse than the average joe?

In Finland (I think) they do. If you get caught for a motoring offence their (or any other offence involving a fine) the fine is calculated according to how much you earn, so some very very rich guy (I think he had just inherited a mega fortune) got fined something like £200k (which was roughly a weeks wages) for speeding.

Its a shame than Bentley (and other before him, most notably A.Cole) will get a harsher sentence off their clubs for criminal activity than the courts can provide. Did he drive off too, as destroying a lamp post is actually a bigger deal than you might think, as my brother nearly found out when he destroyed a bus shelter in Bury (fortunately no one was hurt).

In Finland (I think) they do. If you get caught for a motoring offence their (or any other offence involving a fine) the fine is calculated according to how much you earn, so some very very rich guy (I think he had just inherited a mega fortune) got fined something like £200k (which was roughly a weeks wages) for speeding.

Its a shame than Bentley (and other before him, most notably A.Cole) will get a harsher sentence off their clubs for criminal activity than the courts can provide. Did he drive off too, as destroying a lamp post is actually a bigger deal than you might think, as my brother nearly found out when he destroyed a bus shelter in Bury (fortunately no one was hurt).

Exactly true. (I vaguely remember my mother telling me about that case) And also you can buy a breathaliser from any car garage for about £10, meaning drink driving is pretty minimal. Also, if you reoffend you have to pay to have a ignition system in your car that only starts when you blow into a tube to prove you arent sloshed.

Not bad for a country of raving alcoholics.

Exactly true. (I vaguely remember my mother telling me about that case) And also you can buy a breathaliser from any car garage for about £10, meaning drink driving is pretty minimal. Also, if you reoffend you have to pay to have a ignition system in your car that only starts when you blow into a tube to prove you arent sloshed.

Not bad for a country of raving alcoholic gun toting lunatics.

Not bad for a country of raving alcoholics.

I don't know if there has been anything more recentl, but one of the executive Vice Presidents of Nokia was done in 2002 for speeding http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1759791.stm

edit... record for drink driving this year http://www.swedishwire.com/oddly/49-rich-n...r-driving-drunk

Edited by jorvik_latic