• Sean Gregan
    • Keigan Parker
    • Chris Taylor
    • Alex Marrow
    • Peter Gilbert
    • Kelvin Lomax
    • Darren Byfield
    • Danny Whitaker

I'd love to say lots of people, but there is only one choice - Pawel Abbott. Just a brilliant striking performance... especially away from home. Everything that was fired up to him stuck and he never loses the ball... If that is what he is capable of then he is a class above this level, i'd suspect only injuries has stopped his career...

I do worry again that there isnt too many goals other than him in the team.... for me Kiegan parker was crap today (the only one I can say!), too interested in bickering with Demetriou than playing football - however this had its value as it meant Demitriou did sod all too....

... Furman and Worthy were great too... never stopped running, and played some decent stuff... interesting that Furman appears to be playing deeper than worthy, and I have to say I was impresses with Worthingtons footballing ability, played some very neat, tidy stuff. Furman was awesome in the last 20 minutes... and all the back 4 were fantastic all day... (ignoring the goal, we can point fingers all day but we dont know who shouted for it.... )

Finally - there also should be a massive, massive shout for Penney. Some brilliant tactical decisions which I think won us the game.... started 4-5-1 (actually almost 3-1-4-1 with :censored: and Holdworth in Midfield and Furman holding) moved to 4-4-2 in the second half and Orient never got to grips with us. Also the change of bringing PawAb and Parker off in the last few minutes was great... Orient chasing the game and then suddenly have to deal with two new strikers who were full of running... and bothe Whits and Byfield taotally outworked them. There was just an ease and fluidity to the tactical changes, something that has been very lacking for the last few seasons...

Very very Happy!

Edited by BigfinLatic

aye agree, up to now every match pav has played in he has looked lie scoring in,

and the 50,000 we paid for furman is looking like a real snatch, if we have him for 2 years then i would hope he signs an extension to that at the end of this season,

he reminds me of lampard and is not only a consistent midfielder but hes one that shows true class all the time

aye agree, up to now every match pav has played in he has looked lie scoring in,

and the 50,000 we paid for furman is looking like a real snatch, if we have him for 2 years then i would hope he signs an extension to that at the end of this season,

he reminds me of lampard and is not only a consistent midfielder but hes one that shows true class all the time

Furman is on a three-year contract but I'll be suprised if he's still at Latics at the end of that deal.

Guest sheridans_world
Furman is on a three-year contract but I'll be suprised if he's still at Latics at the end of that deal.

Unless we are a division (or two :wink: ) higher?