can somebody tell me

Development squad is a posh name for reserves.

Challenge match - posh name for friendly ?

challenge match is what you say i think as when i went to the sunderland game, thats what they were calling it.

i think the development squad is the reserve team for the reserves to fit in all these hungarians from that team we have a link with (+ steer and opajah) because the reserves would be too big?

what the latics 'development' squad is and the latics 'challenge' games are please

not having a dig really, i just thought we were an english football club and not an American NFL team

This has been annoying me somewhat, and is indeed mumbo jumbo pish of the highest order.

I get enough of this "management speak" at work, you know the world has gone mad when your Quality Manager has his job title changed to Process Variation Investigator.

Pish.

This has been annoying me somewhat, and is indeed mumbo jumbo pish of the highest order.

I get enough of this "management speak" at work, you know the world has gone mad when your Quality Manager has his job title changed to Process Variation Investigator.

Pish.

Some of the players are too old for the Youth Team - which has strict age criteria. However the Reserves will inevitably include several much older, more experienced pros. It makes sense for the club to devote special attention to a group of players about 17 -20 yr old . And try and develop them . So Development Squad seems reasonable.

Crikey, when the club tries something new the moaners come out too!

It's a halfway house between youths and ressies as I understand it!

That's exactly what i understood it to be too.

Our reserves this season will be a lot stronger than in previous times; with the likes of Cash-Me-A-Cheque (love it whoever it was who came up with that by the way!), Whitts, Stephens, Lee, Lomax, O'Grady, Lewis, Purdie & Smalley (to get their fitness back once recovered).........

The 'Development squad' has been undertaken to provide the likes of Ojapha, Steer, McladfromBrum, Brooke, Dawson, Rowney, Josh O.....with some games to add to; well as the name suggests, their development. I expect that a number of the youngster will feature for the reserves aswell; but this is a dedicated set-up to go side by side with the Youth & Reserves. Amercian in thinking or not; I personally like it.

Fixed :tongue1:

Crikey, when the club tries something new the vocal minority objectors come out too!

Colleagues and clients. I have an action plan. That my four children will one day enjoy a scenario where they will not be assessed on their offline characteristics, but on their skillsets and key competencies.