Maybe I was watching a different game, but I thought Parker was ok. He played out and out wide right and ran his socks off, taking on the full back and tackling back when needed. He chased lost causes (we could have scored from one if we'd had someone in the middle when he got to the bye line before their keeper to get the cross in) and didn't look a lazy sod to me. I'll stand to be corrected but, if he builds on that performance, he'll be a good signing.

On another note, anyone else think that Rubes had a good, steady game?

He played out and out wide right and ran his socks off, taking on the full back and tackling back when needed.

I think we were at different games, because I saw no evidence of him running his socks off; and certainly not tackling back. Brentford had a lot of joy down our right said because of Parker's steadfast refusal to venture into his own half.

Hazell and Gregan were very steady yesterday. Although I thought it was going to be one of those games when Gregan arsed it up in the first minute.

Ok didn't go to Brentford but personally think Parker will do a job, why is he not good enough for us?

Get real :ranting: we are league 1 not Premier League or Championship, the boy has pace, skill, knows where the net is give him a chance we are not out of August yet and he is classed as a :censored: signing!!

Ok didn't go to Brentford but personally think Parker will do a job, why is he not good enough for us?

Get real :ranting: we are league 1 not Premier League or Championship, the boy has pace, skill, knows where the net is give him a chance we are not out of August yet and he is classed as a :censored: signing!!

I don't know why you're surprised tbh

We saw those qualities 3 years ago when he destroyed us home and away playing for Blackpool

Is this a lame cover up for another boo boy target thread?

Didnt start it as a boo boy target thread, I didnt go yesterday and wanted to know how he played. I hope he does prove any doubters wrong but based on last Saturday he left a lot to be desired and seemed like he wasnt really interested.

We saw those qualities 3 years ago when he destroyed us home and away playing for Blackpool

That is what i said on the way down to the match,when we signed KP i was pretty excited,but to be honest he has been crap,looks like he can't be arsed.

I hope i'm proved wrong but we shall see

QUOTE (Bristolatic @ Aug 30 2009, 16:18 PM)

He played out and out wide right and ran his socks off, taking on the full back and tackling back when needed.

I think we were at different games, because I saw no evidence of him running his socks off; and certainly not tackling back. Brentford had a lot of joy down our right said because of Parker's steadfast refusal to venture into his own half.

Hazell and Gregan were very steady yesterday. Although I thought it was going to be one of those games when Gregan arsed it up in the first minute.

I don't think you were at the Brentford game then - because Parker played well and worked extremely hard - two great runs and a lot of closing down. We spent a lot of the game defending and did it well.

And Rubes played well as did the whole defence including Brill who looked far more solid and made one glorious save in the second half.

Brentford were a decent side and attacked with pace and skill - we worked hard to close them down and had three or four excellent chances:

Whittaker right foot screamer tipped over by a stunning one-handed save - Gregan header cleared from near the line - Abbot header from a right wing corner that he just put wide when he should have scored - Parker run that took the ball around the keeper to the left of th area and then a cross/shot agonisingly close.

And then there was the goal - if you look on the highlights you'll see Blackman look up and spot his chance - exquisite - the ball hit the net just as my brother was stifling his cry of 'No...'

All in all a great team performance - MoM was either Gregan or Abbot for me. :blush:

Edited by TheBigDog

Didnt start it as a boo boy target thread, I didnt go yesterday and wanted to know how he played. I hope he does prove any doubters wrong but based on last Saturday he left a lot to be desired and seemed like he wasnt really interested.

Thats fair though don't know whats behind it, do think he has potential to be a great signing though. Wouldn't want the crowd on his back just yet

That is what i said on the way down to the match,when we signed KP i was pretty excited,but to be honest he has been crap,looks like he can't be arsed.

I hope i'm proved wrong but we shall see

I thought he played well v county but not so against Swindon but wouldn't want to write him off as he can be quality.

As I said in my last post, don't need the crowd on his back yet though or else I doubt we'll see the best of him

I thought he played well v county but not so against Swindon but wouldn't want to write him off as he can be quality.

As I said in my last post, don't need the crowd on his back yet though or else I doubt we'll see the best of him

i thought that as well. i think people might be confusing 'lazy' and 'not fit'. he looked knackered vs Swindon.

but he is :censored:, and he is a :censored: signing, :grin: :grin: :grin: sometimes people and places don't meet ..YING AND YANG does that bear any resemblence..GET SHUT

he is shiete..

but he is :censored:, and he is a :censored: signing, :grin: :grin: :grin: sometimes people and places don't meet ..YING AND YANG does that bear any resemblence..GET SHUT

he is shiete..

Bit harsh? I heard some div in the main stand booing him last week at about 3.30 and while I thought his performance was crap it aint good to be doing that and 99.9% dont want that sort of thing!

I will make my judgement after a few more games!

i thought that as well. i think people might be confusing 'lazy' and 'not fit'. he looked knackered vs Swindon.

I thought that as well, could add Chris Taylor to that category as well. I'd put that down to a one-off could have both been under the weather or anything. Am sure time will tell and that's what we need to give the team bearing in mind it is a very different side playing a different style of football.