Just got back from Brizzle

I have just watched a side totally lacking in any confidence or conviction whatsoever. We were consistently second to the ball and played far too much long ball without any real thought. Players dwell on the ball and seem bereft of ideas.

There was one or two brief moments when we did keep the ball on the deck and created a decent chance for Blackman.

And as for the management team on the sidelines... Taylor contributed almost nothing today - yet it took an age for Penney to replace him. Holdsworth was struggling for a long time before Lomax was brought on - are you watching the same game as we are Dave?

I am worried - we lost again and showed nothing that convinces me we are going to get out of this run - Bristol were just an average side and yet we did not really look like scoring - the statistics show we had six shots but none were struck with any conviction or threat.

Worrying times. :disappointed:

I have just watched a side totally lacking in any confidence or conviction whatsoever. We were consistently second to the ball and played far too much long ball without any real thought. Players dwell on the ball and seem bereft of ideas.

There was one or two brief moments when we did keep the ball on the deck and created a decent chance for Blackman.

And as for the management team on the sidelines... Taylor contributed almost nothing today - yet it took an age for Penney to replace him. Holdsworth was struggling for a long time before Lomax was brought on - are you watching the same game as we are Dave?

I am worried - we lost again and showed nothing that convinces me we are going to get out of this run - Bristol were just an average side and yet we did not really look like scoring - the statistics show we had six shots but none were struck with any conviction or threat.

Worrying times. :disappointed:

I see your from near Reading. Which is a relief as you'd never get back up here in that time!! LOL

As for the summary of the match, apart from the names it sounds identical to last weekends match v Hartlepool!

Indeed. We need to pull out of this rut within 5 games otherwise the season will be set up with low confidence performances. Gregan as already let the cat out the bag they're going on the pitch waiting to concede. Sometimes the only thing that can instill belief is an introduction of a couple of good players.

Edited by Lags

Indeed. We need to pull out of this rut within 5 games otherwise the season will be set up with low confidence performances. Gregan as already let the cat out the bag they're going on the pitch waiting to concede. Sometimes the only thing that can instill belief is an introduction of a couple of good players.

Aye, and when thats coming from your captain, whom is supposed to rally the troops on the field, you have problems.

I can hear the pitchforks being sharpened already

Obviously I'm gutted about the manner of the defeat, but we definitely didn't deserve to lose (nor that we deserved to win either). Apart from Hazell not dealing with the ball at the end which lead to the goal the back 5 did their jobs well imo (full backs were solid & Gregan won everything in the air again), despite obviously lacking in confidence Brill was solid and had no chance for the goal.

:censored: was energetic and made a lot of forward runs which weren't picked out by anyone but was VERY lucky not to be sent off for the studs up challenge on their 'keeper in the first half. Furman isn't a tidy passer but his energy, tackling and being surprisingly good in the air more than make up for it, best signing we've made in a while. Taylor is well off the pace at the moment and if possible needs to get his match sharpness back from playing in the reserves and Colbeck is nothing more than a quick player and needs to be used more effectively but he worked hard today and could prove useful.

Abbott and Blackman both played OK & from what I've seen are the best two strikers we've got but both wanted the ball to feet & everything stupidly went over there heads. If we are going to play balls over the top then we should play Parker or someone else who's quick on the last defender. That's my biggest concern, we are incredibly inefficient going forward at present. Everything should be into Abbott and Blackman's feet and get them playing balls outwide for Taylor/Colbeck/A.N.other quick winger to take on their full backs. Penney has brought the players in who are good enough imo (apart from cover at CB) but he needs to get them playing better tactically.

Oh and finally, to the middle-aged guy who was berating Brill and Gregan 20 mins before kick off. Perhaps give the players a chance to actually kick a ball in anger before you have a mindless rant!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Obviously I'm gutted about the manner of the defeat, but we definitely didn't deserve to lose (nor that we deserved to win either). Apart from Hazell not dealing with the ball at the end which lead to the goal the back 5 did their jobs well imo (full backs were solid & Gregan won everything in the air again), despite obviously lacking in confidence Brill was solid and had no chance for the goal.

:censored: was energetic and made a lot of forward runs which weren't picked out by anyone but was VERY lucky not to be sent off for the studs up challenge on their 'keeper in the first half. Furman isn't a tidy passer but his energy, tackling and being surprisingly good in the air more than make up for it, best signing we've made in a while. Taylor is well off the pace at the moment and if possible needs to get his match sharpness back from playing in the reserves and Colbeck is nothing more than a quick player and needs to be used more effectively but he worked hard today and could prove useful.

Abbott and Blackman both played OK & from what I've seen are the best two strikers we've got but both wanted the ball to feet & everything stupidly went over there heads. If we are going to play balls over the top then we should play Parker or someone else who's quick on the last defender. That's my biggest concern, we are incredibly inefficient going forward at present. Everything should be into Abbott and Blackman's feet and get them playing balls outwide for Taylor/Colbeck/A.N.other quick winger to take on their full backs. Penney has brought the players in who are good enough imo (apart from cover at CB) but he needs to get them playing better tactically.

Oh and finally, to the middle-aged guy who was berating Brill and Gregan 20 mins before kick off. Perhaps give the players a chance to actually kick a ball in anger before you have a mindless rant!

What a complete t#at and his middle aged mates thinking he was funny.... Calling at Brill before the game started! Also kept calling some bloke a wank#r and telling him he knew nothing about football because he dared to question him... Complete tosser

As for the game, I thought we were very poor and showed no ambition to try to get anything.... Penny set his stall out to get a point and spoil the game and we got what we deserved.. Cant remember us creating any clear cut chances and the lack of shots at the moment is shocking.... Very worried about this side! Sat in relegation zone now and deserve to be there, I think we will be in and around it all season...

Also not good signs when a number of lads on several occasion were walking to the segregation to tell Penny how sh#t we were, one of them calling him a prick... Not a happy bunch at the moment

Edited by NIKI1234

Today was poor. Blackman should have scored with the best move of the game when he went through.

It wasn't horrendous though - we looked solid for most of the game and defended well throughout the side. We never looked good going forawrad though. Colbeck doesn't impress me, but he's only two games in. He looks a worker, but I want to see a decent cross from him. As for Taylor, he looked like someone who was too unfit to play football to me.

The guy was a complete joke - as it happened Brill had a decent game and definitely had no chance with Kuffour's shot. I think that the inefficiency is down to the lack of confidence - one decent win and it will come flooding back.