to dave penney

amazing what a couple of wins can do for confidence in the team and fans alike.

Dare i take a second look at that attendance though :S :S

N.B. As much as id love to be there I am a student milesssss away lol. i'll be there on sat though, cant wait

dave i apologize for doubting you a couple of weeks ago , now i can see you have got the team back on track ,and you have got the teams cofindence back and the fans too , you are the right man for the job as our manager .. well done tonight :applause1::imnotworthy::applause1:

nice 1 bob bet theres not many who would admit there mistake,i've said it a few times that it would take a while for everything to come together n from the looks of things it is,plus still got a few good players out injuired so when there fully fit makes it even better cause they will be fighting for a place as welll. :grin:

nice 1 bob bet theres not many who would admit there mistake,i've said it a few times that it would take a while for everything to come together n from the looks of things it is,plus still got a few good players out injuired so when there fully fit makes it even better cause they will be fighting for a place as welll. :grin:

saying that (hopefully) the players have come together a lot early than most people expected

well done bob, DP is the man

:chaddy:

He might not have the 11 most gifted players in the division at his disposal.

But fair play to them all. They worked their nuts off tonight and played some neat passing football between the well aimed hoofs.

(Why Ince needs his side, who are man for man better than Latics, to play snide, niggly and nasty off the ball stuff for 90 minutes I really don't know).

Well done Latics. Well done Dave Penney.

He might not have the 11 most gifted players in the division at his disposal.

But fair play to them all. They worked their nuts off tonight and played some neat passing football between the well aimed hoofs.

(Why Ince needs his side, who are man for man better than Latics, to play snide, niggly and nasty off the ball stuff for 90 minutes I really don't know).

Well done Latics. Well done Dave Penney.

thats cause thats the way he use to play as well a dirty ba!!ard the red scum he is :grin:

your not the only 1 from the look of the attendance tonite but hopefully there MIGHT be a few who r sitting up n seeing that things r coming together now.

I think £40 for two home games in one week is expensive so must would chose sat game, no work, etc. £40 is for one Adult!!! think about people with kids, that is alot.

anyway well done latics good result, keep the run goin on sat! :grin:

I think £40 for two home games in one week is expensive so must would chose sat game, no work, etc. £40 is for one Adult!!! think about people with kids, that is alot.

£40 plus beer money before the game?.. Pie at half time, it all adds up. Picking and choosing my games this season, saturdays looking like a watcher.

im in that boat cause i ave 2 kids who want to go plus the missus so that 46 quid for 1 game so to go 2 tonights game then the 1 on sat would be 96quid just to get in let alone petrol to get there plus a programme n a beer in the ground a couple of pies n drinks which would mean i would of spent nearly 130 quid in 2 games which when ur not working just aint possible.

I still cant get my head over the stick he recieved after what 4, maybe 5 games? Weve a ton of new players aswell as a crippling injury situation. Sometimes things do not happen over-night and people need time! Which DP is proving to be the case. Lets hope our ever so fickle fans dont turn on him again if we happen to lose 3/4 in a row again.

I still cant get my head over the stick he recieved after what 4, maybe 5 games? Weve a ton of new players aswell as a crippling injury situation. Sometimes things do not happen over-night and people need time! Which DP is proving to be the case. Lets hope our ever so fickle fans dont turn on him again if we happen to lose 3/4 in a row again.

Thing is, it took a good few only 4/5 games to get on his back, 3/4 games later and he's a hero again. It's madness.

But he stuck at it, as have the lads on the pitch, and we've won two very tricky games back-to-back, along with the Carlisle win. Fair play to Penney.

dave i apologize for doubting you a couple of weeks ago , now i can see you have got the team back on track ,and you have got the teams cofindence back and the fans too , you are the right man for the job as our manager .. well done tonight :applause1::imnotworthy::applause1:

Its a long season Bob- we have some very difficult games coming up between now and Christmas - this will be the testing time, we have a new side that is still getting settled and one that still has a big injury list - tonights result was top drawer, no matter what happens I expect us to finish higher in this division than Chesterfield will finish in League Two however :lol:

'Smash somebody if you're going to give a free kick away' - Dave Penney

As DP is an experienced manager, I would expect him to take as much notice of the plaudits and apologies as he did of the criticism 3 weeks ago....NONE !

I do however respect Bob for his comments.....lets just hope the muppets who disgraced themselves in the RRE after Dean Brill had a bad run of form are also pragmatic...I doubt it somehow.

As for the comments re attendance. I much prefer 3600 optimistic supportive fans rather than bolstering numbers with the moaners. Please moaners....stay away.

As DP is an experienced manager, I would expect him to take as much notice of the plaudits and apologies as he did of the criticism 3 weeks ago....NONE !

I do however respect Bob for his comments.....lets just hope the muppets who disgraced themselves in the RRE after Dean Brill had a bad run of form are also pragmatic...I doubt it somehow.

As for the comments re attendance. I much prefer 3600 optimistic supportive fans rather than bolstering numbers with the moaners. Please moaners....stay away.

Although I didnt agree with the amount of abuse directed at him, he was piss poor and the people who pay money to watch latics do have the right to let there feelings known and to be fair he has upped his game since then and he got a good reception tonight.

Although I didnt agree with the amount of abuse directed at him, he was piss poor and the people who pay money to watch latics do have the right to let there feelings known and to be fair he has upped his game since then and he got a good reception tonight.

Worked didn't it?

I say, boo them all off win lose or draw at that rate.

As for the arselicking of Penney. Much like the arsekicking, I'll give it time. I like pretty much everyone else have no idea where it is heading at the moment.