absolutely disgusted

with the usual suspects

Hazell and Brill

Hazell - why the :censored: do you want to play madrid football across your back line, you're not paulo :censored: maldini - kick the bloody thing up the pitch DEFEND!!! And push up when our keeper gets it rather than shouting at our full back to push up and then you yourself play people onside!!

Gaff a game again today, cheers again Reuben.

Mr Brill - i totally agreed with the ironic cheers today - absolutely disgraceful piece of 'professional' play - 20+ years of catching a ball and you cant even do that with a weakly struck, straight-at-you shot, well...........

To think these 2 get paid for their dross every week and retain their place in the side week in week out = JOKE

Oh and Whitaker - league two mate, admire your intentions, but you're not effective enough, strong enough or have a quick enough football brain.

Colbeck = improving albeit steadily and yes that backpass was mindless.

I'm infuriated after today and the reason why has been symptomatic of all our defeats this year, we gift teams goals instead of anyone playing through us or scoring a screamer.

Southampton were average if not awful - 1 shot on target with their free kick, no football just hoofball, gifted 3 goals, they'll never have an easier win.

Going forward we were ok, although again the passing and decision making sometimes is mindless - suicide balls to players under pressure, slow tempo as well.

If they had come today, outplayed us and scored 3 good goals I would have said yep fair play, not worried about losing, its how it happens - yet again all our own doing. Also, should have strated with Blackman and Abbott up top with colbeck left and parker right - 2 big guys in defence against two big guys up front, play it to feet and we outdid them easily, not hard Dave.

1st- either come and catch it or stay on your friggin line

2nd- CATCH.THE.BALL and KEEP IT CAUGHT!!

3rd- poor backpass by :censored: and hazell diving in/nicking it away and straight to their player.

to think that we have a goalkeeping coach...haha

next game (players permitting)

Ollerenshaw/new keeper

Lee

Gregan

New CB

Sheehan

Parker

Furman

:censored:

Colbeck

Abbott

Blackman

Could have been playoffs tonight or at the very least a point - a few more fans come along, we shoot ourselves again, wonder why they dont come back Barry...? (oh and my drink at halftime was room temperature and we were all out of pies as well, organisation is a joke all round)

apart from that KTF (seriously, not that downbeat OVERALL, just infuriated by the same :censored: displays by the same 'professional' players)

Edited by Stevie_J
Language

with the usual suspects

Hazell and Brill

Hazell - why the :censored: do you want to play madrid football across your back line, you're not paulo :censored: maldini - kick the bloody thing up the pitch DEFEND!!! And push up when our keeper gets it rather than shouting at our full back to push up and then you yourself play people onside!!

Gaff a game again today, cheers again Reuben.

Mr Brill - I totally agreed with the ironic cheers today - absolutely disgraceful piece of 'professional' play - 20+ years of catching a ball and you cant even do that with a weakly struck, straight-at-you shot, well...........

To think these 2 get paid for their dross every week and retain their place in the side week in week out = JOKE

Oh and Whitaker - league two mate, admire your intentions, but you're not effective enough, strong enough or have a quick enough football brain.

Colbeck = improving albeit steadily and yes that backpass was mindless.

I'm infuriated after today and the reason why has been symptomatic of all our defeats this year, we gift teams goals instead of anyone playing through us or scoring a screamer.

Southampton were average if not awful - 1 shot on target with their free kick, no football just hoofball, gifted 3 goals, they'll never have an easier win.

Going forward we were ok, although again the passing and decision making sometimes is mindless - suicide balls to players under pressure, slow tempo as well.

If they had come today, outplayed us and scored 3 good goals I would have said yep fair play, not worried about losing, its how it happens - yet again all our own doing. Also, should have strated with Blackman and Abbott up top with colbeck left and parker right - 2 big guys in defence against two big guys up front, play it to feet and we outdid them easily, not hard Dave.

1st- either come and catch it or stay on your friggin line

2nd- CATCH.THE.BALL and KEEP IT CAUGHT!!

3rd- poor backpass by :censored: and hazell diving in/nicking it away and straight to their player.

to think that we have a goalkeeping coach...haha

next game (players permitting)

Ollerenshaw/new keeper

Lee

Gregan

New CB

Sheehan

Parker

Furman

:censored:

Colbeck

Abbott

Blackman

Could have been playoffs tonight or at the very least a point - a few more fans come along, we shoot ourselves again, wonder why they dont come back Barry...? (oh and my drink at halftime was room temperature and we were all out of pies as well, organisation is a joke all round)

apart from that KTF (seriously, not that downbeat OVERALL, just infuriated by the same :censored: displays by the same 'professional' players)

reality check calling.. playoffs. ?.your avin a giraffe midtable is our prority and so far dave has got his team bang in there.. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Guest sheridans_world
I think he was saying with a win we could've been in the play offs. We wouldn't have lost today if we had a keeper who could catch. He would've looked poor in a pub team today

Disagree, from where I was, Brill couldn't have done anything about their first or third.

People seemed to panic when we built up from the back today as if they had never seen it done in their lives before, get a grip. We needed to do it as we werent winning much in the air from goal kicks and was basically giving them the ball back. We needed to invite them onto our back line a little to create a bit of space as they were sat back for most of the game and we were failing to break them down.

Brill made 1 mistake all game, maybe he could have done something about the third goal but was hardly his fault. I don't see what Hazell did wrong.

Southampton werent that impressive and basically defended most of the game. The difference was taking chances, consistency and composure on the ball. I thought we looked good until the 2nd goal went in, were poor for the rest of the first half then played better 2nd half.

We really need to take our chances and cut out these silly mistakes because thats what made the difference today. Thats the difference in quality, no mistakes from Southampton, who are a championship side with a budget we can only dream of.

We didn't play badly today, we just played a very good side in form.

Get a grip, stop moaning and get behind the team.

Disagree, from where I was, Brill couldn't have done anything about their first or third.

Where the :censored: where you? First one a cross goes across inside his 6 yard box. Should've come and claimed it, not doing that he should have still saved the header. I aint blamin him for the third.

People seemed to panic when we built up from the back today as if they had never seen it done in their lives before, get a grip. We needed to do it as we werent winning much in the air from goal kicks and was basically giving them the ball back. We needed to invite them onto our back line a little to create a bit of space as they were sat back for most of the game and we were failing to break them down.

Brill made 1 mistake all game, maybe he could have done something about the third goal but was hardly his fault. I don't see what Hazell did wrong.

Southampton werent that impressive and basically defended most of the game. The difference was taking chances, consistency and composure on the ball. I thought we looked good until the 2nd goal went in, were poor for the rest of the first half then played better 2nd half.

We really need to take our chances and cut out these silly mistakes because thats what made the difference today. Thats the difference in quality, no mistakes from Southampton, who are a championship side with a budget we can only dream of.

We didn't play badly today, we just played a very good side in form.

Get a grip, stop moaning and get behind the team.

1? Were you sat with SW by any chance? He was blatently at fault for the first goal. The chaddy end all seemed to realise it was his fault

with the usual suspects

You must have been at the bar then when they kept the ball for about 15-20 passes and we couldn't get near them in the first half, and at the bar again when they hit the bar twice and scored twice with shots.

They did come and outplay us and the even though we gifted them the goals they finished the chances they had which we didn't. I agree with you about the slow tempo and poor decision making though, we saw today the gap between a scrappy scrabbling League 1 side and a Championship side. Fitter and bigger, they knew how to control the tempo and keep the ball. It's not fair to single anyoen out - we were a poor side today and few came away with any credit. The major downside was the injury to WOrthington - not good.

reason for edit - lack of attention to detail

Edited by OminousPoultry

Guest sheridans_world
Where the :censored: where you? First one a cross goes across inside his 6 yard box. Should've come and claimed it, not doing that he should have still saved the header. I aint blamin him for the third.

Maybe he could have come and claimed it, but there could have been a defender on the back stick too.

My first thoughts were a man on back stick, rather than Brill claiming it.

You must have been at the bar then when they kept the ball for about 15-20 passes and we couldn't get near them in the first half, and at the bar again when they hit the bar twice and scored twice with shots.

They did come and outplay us and the even though we gifted them the goals they finished the chances they had which we didn't. I agree with you about the slow tempo and poor decision making though, we saw today the gap between a scrappy scrabbling League 1 side and a Championship side. Fitter and bigger, they knew how to control the tempo and keep the ball. It's not fair to single anyoen out - we were a poor side today and few came away with any credit. The major downside was the injury to Holdsworth - not good.

Worthington

I was disgusted with Jermaine Johnson being a lazy :censored: , I am not disgusted with a keeper making a mistake in a game. If that was enough to disgust me, I would have none left for tramps puking on the street or for seeing Richard Branson's beard saying it cared about people.

1? Were you sat with SW by any chance? He was blatently at fault for the first goal. The chaddy end all seemed to realise it was his fault

Was basically a free header, not one persons fault but defence as a whole.

I was disgusted with Jermaine Johnson being a lazy :censored: , I am not disgusted with a keeper making a mistake in a game. If that was enough to disgust me, I would have none left for tramps puking on the street or for seeing Richard Branson's beard saying it cared about people.

Reason for edit: language again Andrew

Give over. Either moderate language with some consistent rules or don't bother. I'm fed up with seeing swearing being edited half the time but ignored on other threads with no rationale (not particularly my posts). It just looks looks silly.

Maybe he could have come and claimed it, but there could have been a defender on the back stick too.

If he had come and claimed it, it would have been irrelevant as to whether there was a defender there. Anything that close to the goal should be taken by the keeper.

You're right a defender should've been at the back stick, but even if there were why would Brill put him under pressure instead of claiming a cross that he should be able to do in his sleep

The problem was that Brill did come to claim it when the ball was clearly going beyond him. He was then left in no man's land when the header came in. Yes,the man should have been tracked but Brill was at fault coming off his line. From where I was sat anyway. :grin:

A few quick points- Brill was NOT at fault for the first goal (Yes I was in the Chaddy and no I wasn't anywhere near S_W). The first goal was a great bit of deception by them, starting with the one hand up (usually front post), their two big centre halfs both stand front post, bringing with them our two biggest players (Gregan and Abbott), everyone in the ground thinks the ball is going front post then ball goes over the back where Hammond was it has lost his marker and has a free header which he doesn't put any where near Brill. Even if Brill had stayed on his line it would have been a great save if he had saved it (but how things ran for them one of their players would have put in the rebound). The cross did not go across his six yard box and judging where Hammond headed it in from Brill wasn't going to get anywhere near it. If anyone is at fault its the player supposed to be marking Hammond (who may or may not have got blocked).

Second, how anyone can rate Keiron Lee as a right back is beyond me. The same poster who was moaning about Hazell playing Real Madrid football instead of hoofing it up field then goes on to say Lee should play right back- Lee was bar far and away the worst culprit for trying unsuccessfully to play his way out of a tough situation instead of getting rid. Lee may well have been able to play right back for Man United reserves but I could play right back for Man United reserves they don't have to defend. He is NOT a right back in League 1. I know loads of people seemingly rate him because he played at Man United and may have played for the first team on the odd Carling cup/meaningless game (or for personal reasons) but he is just not that good. The more I see of him the more I realise that he's a player who is made to look reasonable by others around him and in league 1 the players around him can't do that unless we are playing someone really bad- hence his performance away at Crewe which was apparently good.

Southampton are a very good team for this level who have got some quality players (they can afford to spend £1million on last years top scorer in this league). Yes they did look ordinary defensively but they are not that bad and were by far and away the better team today and well deserved their win.

Give over. Either moderate language with some consistent rules or don't bother. I'm fed up with seeing swearing being edited half the time but ignored on other threads with no rationale (not particularly my posts). It just looks looks silly.

I agree. Some people seem to be able to say whatever they want whilst other posts get edited. It's :censored:

calm down you hooded hoodlum from deepest darkest croyden ...you'll be telling me that you come from a teaching background next.... :grin: :grin: :grin:

you are talking as if that is the first mistake he has made, as you know it isnt, and wont be his last

time to bring in a new keeper