• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always like the Latics v Town games. Lived in Huddersfield for 5 years, and went to university there a few years before that - so always good banter with the locals before and after the games.

Moved since, but still in Yorkshire and there are a number of Town fans at work.

There outlook seems to mirror one many Latics fans have - playing a team that has a couple of you ex-strikers means they think they'll need 2 for a draw :D

Tough call. I'll go for 2-1 to Oldham, but given the inconsistency of both sides it could be anything.

Gregan to score.

If he does his job along with his back 4 and keeps another clean sheet, that'll do me nicely - though a greegs winner in the last 5 and how could i begrudge you your deserved winnings. :wink:

Note to self: Predict this for every game and one day.......

I can't believe this game is on Sunday. Clearly Latics have no interest in catering for those of us who will be at Warehouse Project until 6am and busy either climbing the walls or struggling to 'finish' come 2pm.

:angry:

Just carry it on through Sunday and get on the Valium after the match...

Ooh mixing Valium and Exctasy is not a good idea. Valium on its own (provided you don't take it for too long and don't take too much) I've not a problem with, Exctasy I'm unsure about because it hasn't been around long enough to show properly any long-term adverse effects (short term use it isn't that bad). The moment you start mixing uppers and downers is the moment you go from a recretional user into something more of a habit.

I've been to the likes of the Warehousre Project before and been the only seemingly sober (drink and drugs) person in there because I was driving. I still maintain that was one of my favourite night outs. I've been to the likes when simply drunk/tipsy and had a great time. Whether the time I had would have been improved with a bit of E or Coke or whatever in my system I don't know. Just because you go to those sort of places doesn't mean you can't have a good time without taking illegal substances.

Ooh mixing Valium and Exctasy is not a good idea. Valium on its own (provided you don't take it for too long and don't take too much) I've not a problem with, Exctasy I'm unsure about because it hasn't been around long enough to show properly any long-term adverse effects (short term use it isn't that bad). The moment you start mixing uppers and downers is the moment you go from a recretional user into something more of a habit.

I've been to the likes of the Warehousre Project before and been the only seemingly sober (drink and drugs) person in there because I was driving. I still maintain that was one of my favourite night outs. I've been to the likes when simply drunk/tipsy and had a great time. Whether the time I had would have been improved with a bit of E or Coke or whatever in my system I don't know. Just because you go to those sort of places doesn't mean you can't have a good time without taking illegal substances.

But Doctor wasn't Exctasy a 1970's prescription drug originally?

But Doctor wasn't Exctasy a 1970's prescription drug originally?

Not as far as I remember Ecstasy is from the late 1980s- it was used as a prescription drug by some psychiatrists before that (cheers wiki) but certainly not all of them and not in the numbers needed to show long-term effects. All 'illegal drugs' are availible on prescription somewhere in the world as drugs which are manufactured for pleasure (not that many) have some sort of medical benefit. Some medicinal drugs are abused by people looking for pleasure (e.g. Ketamine and amyl nitrate).

Most class a users will mix uppers and downers......coke and beer, weed and e's....etc etc.....don't get hopelessly addicted, and normally grow out of it

EDIT : I should add that drugs are bad for you...just in case any of you didn't know that already......tobacco and alcohol especially.

Edited by Yard Dog

Most class a users will mix uppers and downers......coke and beer, weed and e's....etc etc.....don't get hopelessly addicted, and normally grow out of it

EDIT : I should add that drugs are bad for you...just in case any of you didn't know that already......tobacco and alcohol especially.

Yes while your point above is true but Coke is Coke it isn't crack and it doesn't stay in your system that long (so should in theory be easy come off it). Weed isn't that strong but there is a reason why Diazepam (aka Valium) is only supposed to be prescribed in a low dose for less than 3 weeks because it is bloody addictive and that was my point when you start mixing Benzo's with stimulants you can have major problems- I've seen it personally.

Not as far as I remember Ecstasy is from the late 1980s- it was used as a prescription drug by some psychiatrists before that (cheers wiki) but certainly not all of them and not in the numbers needed to show long-term effects. All 'illegal drugs' are availible on prescription somewhere in the world as drugs which are manufactured for pleasure (not that many) have some sort of medical benefit. Some medicinal drugs are abused by people looking for pleasure (e.g. Ketamine and amyl nitrate).

Dear Doctor, I am going to have to beg to differ here. Ecstacy was indeed a prescription drug long before it became a rave favourite, obviously not by the same name and came out in the 1970's.

That wouldn't be a total first. Stockport at home last season was interesting to say the least. :bounce:

Credit to you for being high on life and that but I can all but assure you it would. :) I try and stay away from coke....though of course I insist that I and others should have the liberty to take it if we see fit.

My mate reckons MCAT is the way forward, and it's sort of legal too (so it must be safe :wink: ).

Dear Doctor, I am going to have to beg to differ here. Ecstacy was indeed a prescription drug long before it became a rave favourite, obviously not by the same name and came out in the 1970's.

Bit of an old old school raver then brother?

I'm more concerned about the social effects.

"Oi Stitch, stop fecking dancing and sit down! And put that fecking glostick away!"

Okay but can I keep my pink sunglasses on? :blush::wink:

Edited by Stitch_KTF

:grin:

Happy days! Part of me wishes I was going, but I think a bigger part of me realises that was in the past for me and I'd probably end up stood at the bar looking like someone's dad! :lol:

Get yourself down there some time - you'd be surprised at the age range you see. Yes it's mainly 18-30 but I met a 60 year old bloke at Richie Hawtin's night a few weeks back - I saw the future.

That wouldn't be a total first. Stockport at home last season was interesting to say the least. :bounce:

This reminds me of a quick tidbit which I consider amusing. My mate, a 27 year old decent enough lad, £40/50k a year and what not, smokes crack once a year. When? On his (unofficial) Man U bus to Anfield. For all aways they have a large cheese board to pass around which boasts a selection of fine cheeses and grapes, alongside quality cocaine. I've actually been tempted to go!! :shock::grin:

As OWTB's resident wannabe smackhead, I feel I should highlight this outrageous current affair.

David Nutt

Drugs are illegal so they make more money. There is no regard for the damage prohibition does to both society and individuals.

The problem with this and him was that it came out the day Jackie Smith was due on question time- God it was quality watching her squirm over her past wrong doings. Jackie Smith was the home secretary concerned and she was embarrassed on national TV as a result so he had to go.

Incidentally he was probably right Ecstasy is currently less dangerous than horse-riding. They are probably done in roughly equal numbers but 12 people a year die from horse riding (and probably a few thousand end up in hospital) and less people die from ecstasy or end up in hosiptal. But you simply can't say that in current social life- as horse riding is for the posh/upper middle classes (or those that aspire to be) and ecstasy is a drug and drugs are bad.

My point is despite waht Lags is saying (which I don't believe to be true- its probably like how codeine is similar to heroin) Ecstasy has not been around long enough for people to judge the long-term side effects, (the short-term side effects are well known). The odd pill very occassionally (so not every weekend) probably won't do you that much harm (its probably the cheapest drug on sale in the warehouse project tonight) but going out every weekend and having more than one pill could give you problems.

Ecstasy has not been around long enough for people to judge the long-term side effects, (the short-term side effects are well known). The odd pill very occassionally (so not every weekend) probably won't do you that much harm (its probably the cheapest drug on sale in the warehouse project tonight) but going out every weekend and having more than one pill could give you problems.

100% agree, Eezer is the geezer who must never be abused, though you could say the same about a vast multitude of things we do/consume - moderation is always the key.

Good point about the cost - it was that which first got me into it I think. I used to believe all the mainstream bunkum about drugs, mostly from my parents who know no better (bless them), and I'd say no but soon got sick of seeing my mates have more fun for £5 than I would for £50!

Anyway, I might set up an alternative to the infamous Beardy bus, any takers? :naughty:

Anyway, I might set up an alternative to the infamous Beardy bus, any takers? :naughty:

"Stitch Bus Disclaimer: We might get you to the match, but there's no guarantee we'll get you back." :grin:

Tried a few other things without much fun, but Ebeneezer was definitely good to me for a while. Best in moderation - a really proper gig every month or two rather than abusing it every weekend. And the gigs were proper in my day (lad! :lol: ) - Megadog and Return to the Source among others. If ecstacy was the medicine, early 90s deep Goan trance was the therapy. :angel:B):dance::bounce:

However, it was a thing of its time for me. After a few duff ones I realised you could get almost as high on adrenalin if the gig and the crowd was good enough. The experience that finally did it for me was some particularly dodgy pills at Glastonbury - I reckon they had LSD in them or something... whatever it was, I do know that tripping off your tits whilst having the sh*ts in the dark at Glasto is NOT glamourous! :shock:

100% agree, Eezer is the geezer who must never be abused, though you could say the same about a vast multitude of things we do/consume - moderation is always the key.

Good point about the cost - it was that which first got me into it I think. I used to believe all the mainstream bunkum about drugs, mostly from my parents who know no better (bless them), and I'd say no but soon got sick of seeing my mates have more fun for £5 than I would for £50!

Hmmm...

How much to hire Sanky's bus....?