13th place to 7th

I just spotted that myself . Win tomorrow and we will be 1 point off the play-offs with a third of the season gone and having had a load of injuries.

And contrary to early season thinking, it's the attack that's misfiring with the defence generally sound (Brill moments apart). We have conceded 14 in 14 and 8 of them came in three games. However we have scored 13... :huh:

Such is our position and the current spread of points across mid table a win tomorrow is much needed. Two consecutive victories in the league could give us the upperhand cushion against the other runner up's. Whereas two consecutive defeats could give us the upperhand over the relegation fodder.

Edited by Lags

And contrary to early season thinking, it's the attack that's misfiring with the defence generally sound (Brill moments apart). We have conceded 14 in 14 and 8 of them came in three games. However we have scored 13... :huh:

Is it me or isn't that nearly always how it turns out?

I personally stopped worrying about the defence when Greegs resigned.

MMM.... will be interesting to see wot happens 2moz, but I have a feeling in my gut that its gonna be a tough game 2moz. Always seem to struggle against Hudders, or is that just me?

first 5 mins = long ball from greegs, defenders slip, Parker one on one at the rocky rd end - smashes it home 1-0

35 mins = Taylor tripped in the box, Abbott scores a pen but doesnt celebrate.

66 mins = great link up between :censored: and Abbott puts Furman through, curls the ball home, 3-0

80 mins = Rhodes scores a scrappy consolation from a corner.

A couple of hudders chances in the game but brill deals with them comfortably.

Hudders huff and puff but cant get their passing together as they are outshone by Latics' MK Dons-esque work rate.

3-1 Att 9765 - (3455 from hudds)

up to 7th - job done!

:D

first 5 mins = long ball from greegs, defenders slip, Parker one on one at the rocky rd end - smashes it home 1-0

66 mins = great link up between :censored: and Abbott puts Furman through, curls the ball home, 3-0

Hudders huff and puff but cant get their passing together as they are outshone by Latics' MK Dons-esque work rate.

up to 7th - job done!

...and then you woke up. i think we will get the win but it wont be as easy as you say by far. 2-1 maybe

up to 7th - job done!

And that's where I couldn't kid myself no more!

To be fair, most clubs in league one (other than Oldham) judge promotion on the number of points away from automatic rather than the play off places. Last season, I remember when Peterboro were blow us in the league and at the team Shez and co were talking about the potential of us making the play offs. I heard Darren Ferguson on the radio saying that anything other than automatic promotion would be failure.

I guess that thats the difference between the mentality of Oldham Athletic and our competitors, i.e. play offs is seen as an achievement rather than as failure.