FFS! I'm being hounded

I only bought tickets for Huddersfield Giants v Saints in February, first I was inundated in the post with the Giants Season Tickets plans, now Huddersfield town are emailing me to join their lotto, discounted shirts, discounted tickets, competitions, hospitality and kids parties.

Bloody annoying!

NOW THAT'S HOW TO MARKET!

I only bought tickets for Huddersfield Giants v Saints in February, first I was inundated in the post with the Giants Season Tickets plans, now Huddersfield town are emailing me to join their lotto, discounted shirts, discounted tickets, competitions, hospitality and kids parties.

Bloody annoying!

And the results are there for all to see when you look at there ave attendence

Bloody annoying!

All the work of a certain Mr Sean Jarvis too..

The question is, have either of you (prozac and johnny) bought anything though? Mailing glossy bumf out to random punters isn't cheap, the great majority of it will be going out to the converted and the rest will mostly fall on deaf ears.

The Huddersfield Giants Season Tickets are that cheap we are seriously considering buying them, as the Giants play on a Sunday I could still watch saints on a friday Night and Latics on a Saturday. £160 for a family of 4 for 14 games is wonderful value imo and very tempting. Make the offer good enough and you may just snare the floaters....

The question is, have either of you (prozac and johnny) bought anything though? Mailing glossy bumf out to random punters isn't cheap, the great majority of it will be going out to the converted and the rest will mostly fall on deaf ears.

That's what I think. It's become fashionable to bleat "marketing" on OWTB, even to the point where the club took pride in highlighting the placing of a newspaper advert on the official website. How many did that put on the Huddersfield home attendance?

Football is a funny industry in most ways. One of them is that they market themselves, at least in terms of the primary product which generates the vast majority of revenue.

*Awaits character with a degree in 'Marketing and Leisure Studies' to crop up and tell me otherwise.*

well i bought tickets for the football game there over the phone,so they have my details.

it was a random mailer, but thats the point....keeping in touch with old customers.

Marketing is just one tool isn't it. A tool massively under used by the club. It is not alone going to generate fans. You need good deals and a reasonable product as well...

£20 to sit in a cold, wet, windy three sided dump watching terrible football is always going to be a hard push...

Not saying the club should not market, it should! But we have a lot of other things to get right as well...

Marketing is just one tool isn't it. A tool massively under used by the club. It is not alone going to generate fans. You need good deals and a reasonable product as well...

£20 to sit in a cold, wet, windy three sided dump watching terrible football is always going to be a hard push...

Not saying the club should not market, it should! But we have a lot of other things to get right as well...

Basic things too

Such as not run out of sodding food five minutes before kick off

Guest sheridans_world

How about a brand spanking new stadium?

Guest sheridans_world

A new stadium is not a magic wand, build business relationships, develop marketing strategies and increase your customer base before any move. Putting all your eggs in one basket is a recipe for disaster...

It was very post specific. oafc0000 posted:

Hence my reply.

Isn't exactly hard to keep a database of previous customers and mass market. But the club just don't bother, or care.

Why do the fans always have to be asking these questions? Someone at the club should be asking these questions and providing the answers.

You wonder why people question whether the staff at the club are up to the job when simple things like this go ignored.

Edited by cmr

Isn't exactly hard to keep a database of previous customers and mass market. But the club just don't bother, or care.

Why do the fans always have to be asking these questions? Someone at the club should be asking these questions and providing the answers.

You wonder why people question whether the staff at the club are up to the job when simple things like this go ignored.

Does the club have a marketing department at all? If not I am happy to become it, im looking for a marketing role at the moment. :grin: