ressies

beat the seasiders with 2 very very late goals 4-3 final score...however watched a trialist by the name of Clyde Ambrose i think, very very promisin, centre mid.....definately worth another look....Jacobson gave a good account of himself for an hour too

beat the seasiders with 2 very very late goals 4-3 final score...however watched a trialist by the name of Clyde Ambrose i think, very very promisin, centre mid.....definately worth another look....Jacobson gave a good account of himself for an hour too

Did that lad who scored blackpools first equaliser look any good

Ex man u trainee, nardiello?

Did that lad who scored blackpools first equaliser look any good

Ex man u trainee, nardiello?

he wasnt great tbh...2 players that stood out for them was, Joe martin (left back) and Gary taylor Fletcher (midfield/forward,,scored 2)

he wasnt great tbh...2 players that stood out for them was, Joe martin (left back) and Gary taylor Fletcher (midfield/forward,,scored 2)

Always rated GTF, has he been injured though? As i thought he was a regular last season

Linking him and Pav up again would do us a world of good!! Though doubt pool would ship him out on loan and we prob couldn't afford him either way.

How did Rowney play? from the times I've seen him this season i really think he'd be worth a crack in the first team. He would give us some decent distribution in the middle of the park and would do well i think feeding of the likes of Furman and Worthie (when fit). Although he is young i wouldn't be averse to at least seeing a few prolonged sub appearances.

How did Rowney play? from the times I've seen him this season i really think he'd be worth a crack in the first team. He would give us some decent distribution in the middle of the park and would do well i think feeding of the likes of Furman and Worthie (when fit). Although he is young i wouldn't be averse to at least seeing a few prolonged sub appearances.

Not ready.

For those who don't go to the reserve games can you enlighten us why?

To lightweight? Or just not good enough?

To my mind he's too small. That in itself isn't reason enough in somecases but in the majority it is. I feel you have to be a certain type of player to get away being small. Rowney can be a tenacious tackler so there's hope for him on that score and he's no stranger to the ref's book due to it. The lad can play a bit and in the main is quite composed on the ball and does come across more comfortable with it than alot of players. This does lead him on occasion to get caught out and loses the ball cos he's not always looking to off load it immediately. He tries to be a ball player and to pick a pass. I guess he's your play maker type player in midfield rather than your water carrier. I think at the moment the game would pass him by at senior level and wouldn't be upto speed. He's at the crossroads now in his Latics career, as are a few more. This season's end will be a time to be judged better.

To my mind he's too small. That in itself isn't reason enough in somecases but in the majority it is. I feel you have to be a certain type of player to get away being small. Rowney can be a tenacious tackler so there's hope for him on that score and he's no stranger to the ref's book due to it. The lad can play a bit and in the main is quite composed on the ball and does come across more comfortable with it than alot of players. This does lead him on occasion to get caught out and loses the ball cos he's not always looking to off load it immediately. He tries to be a ball player and to pick a pass. I guess he's your play maker type player in midfield rather than your water carrier. I think at the moment the game would pass him by at senior level and wouldn't be upto speed. He's at the crossroads now in his Latics career, as are a few more. This season's end will be a time to be judged better.

Cheers for the info. Its always good to get the lowdown on those coming through the ranks...sounds like you get to a fair few reserve games, should we be keeping our eye out for anyone in particular breaking through this season?

Cheers for the info. Its always good to get the lowdown on those coming through the ranks...sounds like you get to a fair few reserve games, should we be keeping our eye out for anyone in particular breaking through this season?

I like the look of Tom Eaves. Still young and not the finished article by any stretch. If he can keep progressing and come on these next 2 seasons, he may be the pick of the crop currently.

This Ambrose chap we have on trial (played last night) did himself no harm and certainly worth another look. Don't know where he's from. I did ask AH but cards where guarded.

Black could make it if he just gets that extra 5% to his game and he's defo one that as to step up this season I feel.

Also Ollerenshaw in the sticks as something to work with too.

Edited by Lags

I like the look of Tom Eaves. Still young and not the finished article by any stretch. If he can keep progressing and come on these next 2 seasons, he may be the pick of the crop currently.

This Ambrose chap we have on trial (played last night) did himself no harm and certainly worth another look. Don't know where he's from. I did ask AH but cards where guarded.

Black could make it if he just gets that extra 5% to his game and he's defo one that as to step up this season I feel.

yeah squire i agree bout young tom...he works his socks off, big lad but will begin to fill out

yeah squire i agree bout young tom...he works his socks off, big lad but will begin to fill out

I havnt yet seen Ollerenshaw but know his uncle quite well. He is an honest bloke who says not a bad keeper but his distribution aint that good! Do you think he could cut the mustard??