Diego's Oldham Picture Quiz 002

only other pubs that springs to mind is the one on ashton road..hathershaw arms?

or the real ale pub near the old bus station whose name i don't know..

I've only been drinking in Oldham centre a few time in the last few decades, but that place does have me in mind of gurning over a pint selected from dozens of options at a place at the top of Yorkshire Street.

Obviously I spotted that this was it's likely destination but wasn't willing to give you the chance to tell me it wasn't on Yorkshire Street at all.

I was waiting for you to say "middle of Yorkshire Street", so I could say not actually on Yorkshire Street, but you're very warm. It just goes to show you're not always predictable. :grin:

They're things of beauty though, aren't they?

Trapp Inn and the Greaves are of similar design, although the latter is in it's third incarnation, the previous pubs were known as the Ring O'bells, demolished when William Braddock incorpoarted a new pub called The Ring o'Bells as part of his Braddock's buildings project built in the 1850s and housing Oldham's first attempt at an indoor market in its basement.

The present Greaves dates back to 1928. Sadly Braddocks Building were demolished in the 1960s and had been home to a wine merchants for almost a 100 years.

Come on Diego, at least give the right poster the credit - Horlicks got that one first.

Well done Horlicks :applause1: but I didn't see your edit. I'm trying to keep a lot of plates spinning here and I can't go searching for edited entries.

The moral is don't edit your entry after I've judged it.