Attacking Threat

Our attacking threat is non existant to say the least.........Just watching the Southampton Brighton game on TV and there has been more football in 45mins than I have seen at BP all season and 9 shots from Brighton in the first half.

Glenn Murray has scored two cracking goals and is available, he's the sort of player we should have took a chance on during the close season. Instead we waste money on the likes of Stephens, O'Grady and now flamin Colbeck!!

They look a much better side than ourselves even though they are in the bottom 6....plenty of attacking football and forward movement in a game more akin to the championship, our football is positively pedestrian compared to this and I genuinely fear we will be in a relegation fight around Christmas time.

Our attacking threat is non existant to say the least.........Just watching the Southampton Brighton game on TV and there has been more football in 45mins than I have seen at BP all season and 9 shots from Brighton in the first half.

Glenn Murray has scored two cracking goals and is available, he's the sort of player we should have took a chance on during the close season. Instead we waste money on the likes of Stephens, O'Grady and now flamin Colbeck!!

They look a much better side than ourselves even though they are in the bottom 6....plenty of attacking football and forward movement in a game more akin to the championship, our football is positively pedestrian compared to this and I genuinely fear we will be in a relegation fight around Christmas time.

Glenn Murray I would guess would cost c£350k (as they'd probably want round and about their money back). We don't have this.

As I'm sure you know, it is hardly a matter of signing a player and it works out fine. It can go wrong/not work out for many reasons (like Murray for instance). I also think it is very, very early for writing off Stephens.

Did Brighton look better than us a few weeks ago? Honestly, you'd think we had got relegated from the football league yesterday due to Penney purposefully being a bastard.

I can't think we'll be anywhere near either end come the end of the season.

Glenn Murray I would guess would cost c£350k (as they'd probably want round and about their money back). We don't have this.

As I'm sure you know, it is hardly a matter of signing a player and it works out fine. It can go wrong/not work out for many reasons (like Murray for instance). I also think it is very, very early for writing off Stephens.

Did Brighton look better than us a few weeks ago? Honestly, you'd think we had got relegated from the football league yesterday due to Penney purposefully being a bastard.

I can't think we'll be anywhere near either end come the end of the season.

I reckon we could have got him for £200,000 when Micky Adams was there....OK it's a lot of money but we have to start to speculate a little. Take Stephens O'Grady and Colbeck off the payroll combined with their fees and you have more than enough money for Murray.

I'm sick of this obsession with midfielders and full backs....Shez was the bloody same........it's goal action the fans want to see, plain and simple!

When was the last time we had two quality strikers on the books......If this sort of football continues at BP we'll be down to 3,000 for home games....FACT!!!!

If you think we'll be in a comfortable mid table position with these tactics you're in dreamland!!!!!!

I reckon we could have got him for £200,000 when Micky Adams was there....OK it's a lot of money but we have to start to speculate a little. Take Stephens O'Grady and Colbeck off the payroll combined with their fees and you have more than enough money for Murray.

I'm sick of this obsession with midfielders and full backs....Shez was the bloody same........it's goal action the fans want to see, plain and simple!

When was the last time we had two quality strikers on the books......If this sort of football continues at BP we'll be down to 3,000 for home games....FACT!!!!

If you think we'll be in a comfortable mid table position with these tactics you're in dreamland!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'd very much like to have Murray here at the end of the season. I'm pretty sure Brighton themselves have said they won't sell him for less than they bought him for. Alright they may be bargaining, but it's alot of money for one player for our club. Mess this up and it's Taylor gone to balance the books.

Sheridan was to blame for O'Grady. No one else. Stephens needs no blaming. We have to give the lad a chance sometime in the future. it was said at the time he wouldn't play for a couple of years. So there is certainly no need to write him off yet.

Colbeck. An odd one that. Darlington fan (I only know one) thinks he can easily do it. Badfud think he's :censored:e. Obviously Penney has seen something in his time up there and I can only hope it comes to fruition. Personally, I've seen nothing, but give it time. it takes a while to settle.

(i) I doubt we'll be down to 3,000 for home games, uunless it is someone crap, and it certainly isn't FACT.

(ii) Where's midtable? Above 18th? I bet you any amount (below £100) we finish above 18th this season. Please note, unlike others, this is not for charity, this is for my own profit if we agree.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Hughes, Davies and Ricketts, Walsall away October 2007. People have raved about Alessandra since, Smalley since, Abbott (quite rightly) since. We are League 1 we are not Championship/Premiership quality is a very subjective term.

Hughes, Davies and Ricketts, Walsall away October 2007. People have raved about Alessandra since, Smalley since, Abbott (quite rightly) since. We are League 1 we are not Championship/Premiership quality is a very subjective term.

That wouldn't be the same Ricketts who has done nothing since he left and Davies who if not out on lone would be 4th or 5th choice at Brighton!!!

That wouldn't be the same Ricketts who has done nothing since he left and Davies who if not out on lone would be 4th or 5th choice at Brighton!!!

Well Ricketts hasn't done a lot because he probably still has the I've played for England attitude, he was a good hold-up man. Davies probably hasn't done a lot since as he's not fully stable mentally- he scored 14 goals that year didn't he. All three are quality strikers for me the problem was our dressing room couldn't handle the egos (plus others- cough Gregan cough) but I think DP might have been more successful than shez in that regard.