My idea for something unique...

That does look a good idea. Are you goning to email the club the details?

Downside is that it doesn't seem to include removable seating, and the stand ends up 20m from the pitch. You'd have to be able to do something with a removable section of seats or it would be too far away.

The seats at the front retract... Shows it on the video...

The seats at the front retract... Shows it on the video...

Yeah, I saw that bit, but other bits on the website suggest they don't - also the pdf plans show the roof structure stopping at pitch edge and the pitch being 50 foot away. I'm sure there must be a solution though.

It might also be the case that it's too late to use it, which would be a shame.

Would it therefore make sense for 1 stand to be a temporary cheapo (for away fans) and spend the bulk of the cash on 3 proper stands, building the 4th when we go up? :grin:

Talking of innovative design There is an innovative design for a stadium allowing flexible use

StadiArena

I have to credit the Roughyeds with this info, the thread is here Roughyeds thread , but something to work on. Ignoring the blame game about the Roughyeds use of BP for now.

have to say that is a very good and very unique and interesting design...caters for those who want four sided ground or those that want a bowl...

i do hope we are one of the 37 clubs interested in doing something like this....

that would definately give you year round revenue,something we need to move forward...

It's a good idea.

It could also turn one of the stands into a Cinema or even multi screeen if the stand could be sectioned up in a soundproof way and the seats would have to be comfy as well. Imagine sitting watching Latics in a comfy cinema style seat :sleeping::)

Now if it could just build it in Oldham and not Failsworth that would kill 2 birds with one stone. Mind you since the Roxy has gone, are there any other Cinemas in that general area before you get to Manchester?

The MEN was built almost 15 years ago. That £52m for 23k would probably be nearer (?) £100m for 23k.

So, 16k would be ? £60m? a bit more ? a bit less?

MEN might be fully booked, but it's also a city centre venue with the opportunity to go drinking/eating before/after. Would 16,000 people want to come to Failsworth?

Would we get planning? Would we get the bookings?

All abit pie-in-the-sky imho.

Good point about eating/ drinking venues etc, but maybe if the right arena is built and it attracts the right sort of events then it would also attract other businesses, such as restaurants, wine bars etc to the area.

That's the away end! :grin:

I was thinking that too! :grin:

If we had a temp away stand (a la bristol rovers) we could go witht his sort of idea at a later stage. A temp stand for 1000 at one end would cover almost all away supports at this level, have a half of a side stand available too and you'd cover them all.

Then if we went up, take the temp down and build a 5000 seater with this design in it?

Also, no-one has really discussed how the 12k would be spread in the new stadium, so let's speculate.....

I'd like a main stand with 6k (so it's a decent size), 2 ends with 4k between them (one 3, one 1 as per above?) and another side stand of 2k, that will be fairly small, but perhaps could be extended back to reach 6k like the main stand?

12k at the start

Add 4k by taking down the temp and putting up a 5k with the stadia thing= 16k

Add 4k to the opposite side stand = 20k

All fanciful speculation, and unlikely to affect any plans that are being drawn up, but what the hell.

Edited by real