• Deane Smalley
    • Sean Gregan
    • Chris Taylor
    • Alex Marrow
    • Joe Colbeck
    • Nick Blackman
    • Keigan Parker
    • Ryan Brooke

Smalley looked like he's back, disappointed he was taken off.

I like Smalley. He's got pace and potential.

But until that potential can be turned in to telling crosses (like those Parker fired over late on) I can't see how he's going to justify regular selection.

If he hadn't been taken off we'd have lost today.

My vote went to Taylor. Turned the game, and dive or not it looked a stonwall penalty. Thought he'd missed it for one horrible moment!

Edited by opinions4u

Maybe so but he still wasn't Man of the Match.

Smalley was lacklustre at best today. Still doesn't look match fit and back to what he can do really.

Holdsworth did a fine job, and exploited Tierney's dismissal superbly. Ace shimmy getting the ball to Taylor for the penno, so think he deserves MOM. Colbeck, Brooke, Gregan and Whittaker (last 20 mins only) also did well.

Smalley is poor. And was worse than poor today. When he gets the ball on the wing, the best you can hope for is a corner, he just doesn't know how to beat the man and put a cross in. When he gets a yard of space to put the cross in he manages to turn back into the man.

I like Smalley. He's got pace and potential.

But until that potential can be turned in to telling crosses (like those Parker fired over late on) I can't see how he's going to justify regular selection.

If he hadn't been taken off we'd have lost today.

My vote went to Taylor. Turned the game, and dive or not it looked a stonwall penalty. Thought he'd missed it for one horrible moment!

i thought hed missed it from the moment he picked the ball up for it. anyone who saw his pen at cheltenham away last year was probably thinking the same aswel and when the keeper got his hand to it i thought the worse. think the keeper will be pretty disapointed to get a good hand on it but still let it in

I went for Holdsworth! Unlike our midfield who ran forward then passed sideways, he used space intelligently and played several incisive passes to the forwards.

Colbeck had his best performance out of those I've seen.

I thought our central midfield was very poor, I would swap Holdsworth and :censored: around and bring Furman back for Whittaker.

I was hoping Stephens might have got some time on the pitch.

Colbeck should get it for the early tackle on there bloke who was clear on goal, that was a GREAT tackle. That inspired the lad to go on and have he's best game since joining us, and i'm really pleased for the lad. Mentions also for Gregan' solid as always, Andy Holdsworth who seemed to get better the further up the pitch he operated, also Parker who played out of his skin in the short time that he was on the pitch, Danny Witt also deserved lots of praise for driving all around him forward when as a TEAM in the last half hour we were outstanding.

It was great come back for oldham smalley taylor did well in second half greggs doing well to when he quits football he will be a big miss.

oldham do need a goalscorer penney knows that glad brooke scored well done to the blues.

Edited by RoyleArmy

Colbeck should get it for the early tackle on there bloke who was clear on goal, that was a GREAT tackle. That inspired the lad to go on and have he's best game since joining us, and i'm really pleased for the lad. Mentions also for Gregan' solid as always, Andy Holdsworth who seemed to get better the further up the pitch he operated, also Parker who played out of his skin in the short time that he was on the pitch, Danny Witt also deserved lots of praise for driving all around him forward when as a TEAM in the last half hour we were outstanding.

To be fair though, it was Colbeck that stupidly gave that ball away in the first place! He did play well though, I thought one big reason was that he played a lot of the time in the thick of a very narrow midfield, (although I must admit I'm a big fan of 'chalk on your boots' wingers) before working out wide, and Gregan on a number of occasions gave him encouraging pats on the head. Good tactics and captaining and I think they were rewarded.

This is a really difficult one; as I thought there were some very strong performances from a number of the players – and no-one had a ‘stinker’; it was a collective team performance the like we haven’t had much of recently.

I could have gone for Deane Smalley who I thought had a fantastic 1st half; I could have gone for either Greegs or Reubes who once again were rock solid at the back (which is weird as we shipped 2; but neither were a fault for either of the goals)….

In the end I’ve gone for Joe Colbeck. By far & way his best effort in a Latics shirt. He was a threat; had lots of space; even before the sending off, and I thought he used it well. He put in a couple a pearling balls into the box; worked his socks for the team (the chase back when we were caught out on the counter after our corner in the 1st half in particular) and his 3 sliding tackles that he got pulled up for were all well timed & he touched the ball on all 3 (2 were right in front of me; the other I had a clear view of).

By no means is he the finished article; far from it – but that was a lot more like it from Joe on sat – keep it up Joe Colbeck & if you carry on like that; then you’ll change a few’s opinions on you. Congrats!!