Boundary Blues

I can't believe the club thinks a leaflet on the turnstiles isn't do-able Lisa, the club has been putting leaflets and all sorts of crap with the turnstile operators for years, I've got bloody hundreds of programmes with this sort of thing in! Yet again those in charge find it easier to say no than to come up with a solution. Why the frig should you have to walk round the ground having to pinpoint the kids? Absolute madness if you ask me! It was easy enough for TTA to insert a typed note by hand into each programme within 12 hours of Dowie's departure but they can't see fit to do some genuine marketing? Get on the case please 'Marketing Guy'.

I was thinking if we had sweets to give out too then the kids would come to us at the bottom of each stand!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions, there are a couple of things we are looking at regarding space as it has been a huge problem for us. When we had the lounge, the parents could come and leave the kids whilst they went for a pint in the bar. They knew the kids would be safe, warm and occupied and it really is something we need to have again.

As for Chaddy's gang, we are hoping to work more closely together in the future, BB needs to get the kids from Chaddy's gang as soon as they are 6 but there is no harm in getting the kids into Latics at a younger age. My kids have both been coming to the games since they were born, and my 5 year old daughter might not like football but she does enjoy the whole experience of cheering, meeting Chaddy and most importantly having a pie! We also need to make it clear that you can have be a member for £10 without having the season ticket.

There is a BB page on the official website, we have our own email address boundary.blues@oldhamathletic.co.uk or you can people can always contact me on here. We try and make ourselves as available as possible, we are always around and about on matchdays but I appreciate some people don't know who we are.

We have asked about a leaflet drop in programmes or at turnstiles for games but this is not doable. It might be an option for us to hand out flyers to kids in the stands in the future, would anyone mind us doing that? The only thing is, it could create loads of waste with the kids just throwing them on the floor!!

I can imagine the snort of derision if you suggested that. Electronically seems best. Ackey might be able to help.

But is Twitter and Facebook an option?

Building on that maybe it is time for Chaddy ro have hiw own pages, though understandably BB is not Chaddy centric

Might Ackey be able to help?

And using the parents email addresses of lapsed members? How is that collated currently, understanding the usual data protection issues.

Maybe an e-newsletter oand/or blog?

Thank you for reading my suggestions

I was thinking if we had sweets to give out too then the kids would come to us at the bottom of each stand!!!

Probably won't work this year, but what about the team poster, with all the adverts that have been given away have BB's or CG application form with full details on - two birds with one stone. The kids get their team poster and cut off the application form if they want to join. Obviously the application form runs the length of the posterso it still looks neat on their wall and still allows the advertising space on the other sides.

maybe try doing a deal with swissels matlow there name on chaddy & ballboys in return for big bag of sweets to give away ? My brother does similar for the rushcart sweets for the guy on top to throw to kids in return for there name in the programe worth a phonecall there based in newmills !

maybe try doing a deal with swissels matlow there name on chaddy & ballboys in return for big bag of sweets to give away ? My brother does similar for the rushcart sweets for the guy on top to throw to kids in return for there name in the programe worth a phonecall there based in newmills !

Thanks for the idea but we have a kit deal with Carbrini and the ball boys have to wear their kit.