Amr Zaki

Don't think this one will go away too quickly - Zaki reasons for shunning Pompey

The comments afterwards think he should be hit with a racism charge...though in my mind not playing with Israelis and Algerians isn't a racial decision (for neither Israel nor Algeria is a race), but a political one. Still, it's completely ridiculous on his part. There will doubtlessly be a lot of anger over the comments, but short of politely asking him to make an apology I'm not sure there's much FIFA can do.

Don't think this one will go away too quickly - Zaki reasons for shunning Pompey

The comments afterwards think he should be hit with a racism charge...though in my mind not playing with Israelis and Algerians isn't a racial decision (for neither Israel nor Algeria is a race), but a political one. Still, it's completely ridiculous on his part. There will doubtlessly be a lot of anger over the comments, but short of politely asking him to make an apology I'm not sure there's much FIFA can do.

He really is a bit of a twit. Would agree that not playing with Israelis and Algerians is more of a political thing than a racial thing (especially as I would think technically Egyptians and Algerians are the same race). He found a bit of fame by scoring goals at Wigwam then threw his dummy out of the pram and was wanting a little bit silly money (certainly for him), now he's realised he should have taken Wigwam's deal he's been even more stupid for scuppering his chances at a lot of Premiership clubs. Can see him going to somewhere like Shaktar (or another energy funded eastern European club).

Having said that- why was Ben Haim at Portsmouth in the first place? I think that might have something to do with him being Jewish and the owners of Citeh being Arab, as he was out on his ear way before they bought Lescott and Toure.

It would be interesting to see who has more sway in FIFA and my money is on the anti-Israeli side.

none of you admire him for not letting money get in the way of his principles then?

Principles- FFS he's a professional footballer if he was that principled he'd be earning in a year what he wants to earn in a week. If he doesn't care about money (or prefers his principles to the small fortune he wants to earn) then why didn't he sign for Wigwam- who made him his name and last time I checked had no Jews or Algerians anywhere near their staff.