Dave Penney

How DARE he feed us this :censored:e week in week out. He has turned our team into a relegation outfit and I am not having it.

John Sheridan, who is supposed to be a "poor manager who lost the dressing room" (so some people say) managed to have us in the top 6 consistantly on a ridiculously low budget.

Dave Penney, who is supposed to be a "quality manager" (so some people say) has managed to turn us into a side which looks sure to go down IMO on an equally low budget.

I'm not saying sack Penney and I'm not saying bring Sheridan back (he wouldn't come back anyway) but I definatly do NOT want to see this club in the 4th Division of English football...it's not where we belong and how dare any manager take us there.

Feel free to have a pop at me but I don't like where the club is being taken and I feel as though theres cock all I can do about it without winning the lottery.

How DARE he feed us this :censored:e week in week out. He has turned our team into a relegation outfit and I am not having it.

John Sheridan, who is supposed to be a "poor manager who lost the dressing room" (so some people say) managed to have us in the top 6 consistantly on a ridiculously low budget.

Dave Penney, who is supposed to be a "quality manager" (so some people say) has managed to turn us into a side which looks sure to go down IMO on an equally low budget.

I'm not saying sack Penney and I'm not saying bring Sheridan back (he wouldn't come back anyway) but I definatly do NOT want to see this club in the 4th Division of English football...it's not where we belong and how dare any manager take us there.

Feel free to have a pop at me but I don't like where the club is being taken and I feel as though theres cock all I can do about it without winning the lottery.

Sacking Penney may not be the answer but they sacked Moore for less, stating a drop in attendances as the reason. Now, with crowds at an all time low, a lack of goals, coupled with a lack of entertainment on the pitch their resolve is going to be tested to the limit!!!

I have a feeling that whatever happens he will still be here at the start of next season.

Sacking Penney may not be the answer but they sacked Moore for less, stating a drop in attendances as the reason. Now, with crowds at an all time low, a lack of goals, coupled with a lack of entertainment on the pitch their resolve is going to be tested to the limit!!!

I have a feeling that whatever happens he will still be here at the start of next season.

Sheridan was also sacked for less re on the field results

Top 6 consistently with Shez?

The only thing that stopped us being in a relegation scrap last season was a good first 6 games to the start of last season. After that it was relegation form.

But were we in the top 6 consistantly until he was sacked? Yes. Then without a win until last game of the season saw us still just above mid-table.

Is this the same John Sheridan whose team was in freefall leaving Royle and Penney both struggling to pick up the pieces. Make no mistake if you take away the fortuitous good start last season we would have been in the mire. Just take a look at results at the end of last season you cannot just blame Penney for this team turning into relegation fodder.

Out of todays starting line up, Smalley, Black, Lomax, Gregan, Stephens and Whitaker were all put under contract before Penney has come near the club.

But were we in the top 6 consistantly until he was sacked? Yes. Then without a win until last game of the season saw us still just above mid-table.

We were 8th and falling fast.

Y'know what's funny, a few people have jumped upon the "We should have never have sacked Shez!", but after Colchester, Brizzle Rovers at home and MKDons away I don't recall many people at all NOT calling for Shez' head. It was a landslide of opinions in favour of him going.

We were 8th and falling fast.

Y'know what's funny, a few people have jumped upon the "We should have never have sacked Shez!", but after Colchester, Brizzle Rovers at home and MKDons away I don't recall many people at all NOT calling for Shez' head. It was a landslide of opinions in favour of him going.

I was never calling for Shez's head just to clear that up. And I know for a fact I would rather be 8th and dropping rapidly than 20th and dropping rapidly. Plain and simple.

Out of todays starting line up, Smalley, Black, Lomax, Gregan, Stephens and Whitaker were all put under contract before Penney has come near the club.

I believe the current manager chose to renew Gregan's contract.

A decision that appears to have been a good one.

While I have concerns about what I'm seeing, especially the lack of goal threat, I refuse to condemn a manager who has lost a couple of games against top 3 teams this week when players like Black and Lomax are part of a makeshift defence.

To keep it down to 4 goals conceded in those two games is possibly an achievement.

Edited by opinions4u

not having a pop at you mate,i agree with you ,you are the only person who has said it as it is,it seems to me that if you say anything untowards that might hit a nerve you are a negative bas***d.but i,ve been religiously at bp since 1960 and seen latics avoid asking for re-election. the players then had heart and passion , the players now hav,nt , so lets have a manager who can instill wearing the blue & white is an honour

I was never calling for Shez's head just to clear that up. And I know for a fact I would rather be 8th and dropping rapidly than 20th and dropping rapidly. Plain and simple.

Irrespective of how we are doing under Penney we were correct to get rid of Shez.

Now if hiring Penney instead of another candidate (Jim Gannon) was a mistake that's an entirely different kettle of fish and doesn't change the fact that Shez' dismissal was probably justified. I'm yet to be convinced Penney was a bad appointment and I don't think he'll turn out to be a bad one. I might be more sceptical about his managerial ability if we're still playing this badly when our two best players return fully fit as well as our battling midfielder and if our squad isn't strengthened in January, but until then I won't make a hasty judgement based on a bad run of form which I believed to be primarily down to injuries to key players.

not having a pop at you mate,i agree with you ,you are the only person who has said it as it is,it seems to me that if you say anything untowards that might hit a nerve you are a negative bas***d.but i,ve been religiously at bp since 1960 and seen latics avoid asking for re-election. the players then had heart and passion , the players now hav,nt , so lets have a manager who can instill wearing the blue & white is an honour

The players need a good talking to by someone with the club at heart, someone like, for example, Eyresy or maybe even a group of fans. This obviously won't happen but it's definatly what they need. A good old fashioned bollocking. I heard somewhere that one club made the players clean the ground and do backroom work to make sure their hearts were in it and they were playing for the shirt etc. Maybe this is something we could look at? Just an idea.

The players need a good talking to by someone with the club at heart, someone like, for example, Eyresy or maybe even a group of fans. This obviously won't happen but it's definatly what they need. A good old fashioned bollocking. I heard somewhere that one club made the players clean the ground and do backroom work to make sure their hearts were in it and they were playing for the shirt etc. Maybe this is something we could look at? Just an idea.

You might be thinking of martin allen who made all the leicester players clean the toilets in ground

The days of players playing for the shirt and giving a :censored: died the day we signed up for the Premier League. Money ruled from that day forward and we as a club are one of the guilty parties involved.

They play for a wage, bonuses and signing on fees. You get the odd one who may develop and attachment to a club but the are the exception to the rule.

See out your 2 years at a club then move on if they haven't offered you increased terms as the agent will be able to get you a decent deal elsewhere.

how many latics players have pride in wearin the shirt??? taylor,abbott,worthington,:censored: these are the only players i have seen put a shift in for the club!! parker couldnt give a :censored:, colebeck is a knob who will be playin chesney from corrie if he carries on at this rate useless tbh!! i wldnt mind losing as much if there was effort but :censored: all from this lot!! not lik eyrsey,sheridan(both) ernie etc tossers the lot of em i really feel for DP only mistake he has made imo is signing colebeck and parker!!

how many latics players have pride in wearin the shirt??? taylor,abbott,worthington,:censored: these are the only players i have seen put a shift in for the club!! parker couldnt give a :censored:, colebeck is a knob who will be playin chesney from corrie if he carries on at this rate useless tbh!! i wldnt mind losing as much if there was effort but :censored: all from this lot!! not lik eyrsey,sheridan(both) ernie etc tossers the lot of em i really feel for DP only mistake he has made imo is signing colebeck and parker!!

Credit for effort put in this season goes to : Taylor - Abbott - Worthington - :censored: - Gregan - Furman (at the start)

Highlighting the other players in your post:

-Parker, lazy git, bad attitude, good player we should be seeing alot more from him!

-Colbeck, seem to remember he was 'player of the month' ? & to be honest, he isnt a 'knob' he seemed to have a few good games (eg. Colchester)

I agree that Eyresy and Sheridan used to put all their effort into the club - but times have changed so we will have to get on with the players we have.

Come on Blues - the season starts now!

Credit for effort put in this season goes to : Taylor - Abbott - Worthington - :censored: - Gregan - Furman (at the start)

Highlighting the other players in your post:

-Parker, lazy git, bad attitude, good player we should be seeing alot more from him!

-Colbeck, seem to remember he was 'player of the month' ? & to be honest, he isnt a 'knob' he seemed to have a few good games (eg. Colchester)

I agree that Eyresy and Sheridan used to put all their effort into the club - but times have changed so we will have to get on with the players we have.

Come on Blues - the season starts now!

fair enough missed gregan he has been class in defence as per!!

parker -u say we should see alot more from him--why not now pull ur finger out and chase the ball challenge for it etc

colebeck-dp has obv seen somethin he likes in this lad but he isnt for me !! confidence player but his final ball is poor and doesnt seem to have the legs to beat a man!! if he does get some confidence he may well turn decent but atm he isnt

fair enough missed gregan he has been class in defence as per!!

parker -u say we should see alot more from him--why not now pull ur finger out and chase the ball challenge for it etc

colebeck-dp has obv seen somethin he likes in this lad but he isnt for me !! confidence player but his final ball is poor and doesnt seem to have the legs to beat a man!! if he does get some confidence he may well turn decent but atm he isnt

Been getting better with each game recently, funny how a player at this level has taken a bit of time to settle in to the side and show us what he can do. Hopefully he will continue to improve his performances and go on to exceed the ability that convinced Penney to shell out the cash.