OPEN FORUM - This Wednesday

Tonight's forum  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are you attending tonight's forum

• Yes
    • No, I know everything I need to know about the move
    • No, I can't make it but I have submitted a question
    • No, and I haven't submitted anything although I have questions and concerns

The club will be canvassing the views of their fans at a meeting to be held in the theatre at The Radclyffe School, Hunt Lane, Chadderton on Wednesday 9th December at 7pm wil you be there ????????????

Details

This is the first meeting that a lot of people have asked for but now when it has been organised people dont seem that interested.

Will you be there????

Its a time to ask your questions direct to the people involved, Simon Corney and Ian Hill will be there along with others so put them on the spot, ask the questions that have been asked on Owtb, look for the answers they give and how they give them !

If this venue is not sold out what message will this give TTA and the locals?

Those oppossed to the Stadium move, come and hear why the club is moving and raise your concerns about moving !!

Its our club and every fan has the right to ask about its future home....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If this venue is not sold out what message will this give TTA and the locals?"

They only have to read this and other forums to get the full message.

I used to work with a chap that used to say about management "when you have finished with me pull my nightie down" - I think that the same quip could be said to the Directors of Latics - and that includes the Trust Director.

"If this venue is not sold out what message will this give TTA and the locals?"

They only have to read this and other forums to get the full message.

I used to work with a chap that used to say about management "when you have finished with me pull my nightie down" - I think that the same quip could be said to the Directors of Latics - and that includes the Trust Director.

Thats fine Alec continue to type away your frustrations and questions on forums and not attend to ask the questions or be in the same room were the questions are asked !

Its all very easy asking the questions via email or on forums but asking them directly to the people concerned when you can see how there Mannerism's react to tough questions says a lot more !!

The audience will be latic fans, so no question will go unwanted and will be supported by the fans even if the panel dont want to be asked it !

Is this not the perfect opportunity to ask these difficult questions everyone has ???????

I'm going.

It's fairly typical though, people are quick to critisise and make doom and gloom predictions, but when an opportunity comes along to go and put their concerns and critisisms to the club they can't be bothered.

That was what I was hoping a lot of people would be thinking .....

IMO ... if the hall is packed out and Corney et al are sat there at the front on the panel.... I want them to be thinking .... ":censored:, the fans really do want some answers" if it is half empty like the last forum for the local I know that the club took that as opposition isnt great against the local as no one could be arsed turning up !!

If the Dynamos were not there is there COACH loads then the hall would have been a 1/4 full

That was what I was hoping a lot of people would be thinking .....

IMO ... if the hall is packed out and Corney et al are sat there at the front on the panel.... I want them to be thinking .... ":censored:, the fans really do want some answers" if it is half empty like the last forum for the local I know that the club took that as opposition isnt great against the local as no one could be arsed turning up !!

If the Dynamos were not there is there COACH loads then the hall would have been a 1/4 full

I'm gutted I'm going to miss this, but as I've said it clashes with my daughter's nativity, I missed it through my workload last year, no way I'm missing it again this time around. I'm with you though, as well as myself there's been a lot of questions vociferously raised, it would be a shame if people didn't grasp the opportunity to at least make Corney squirm a bit and instead of like the forum over the summer I hope the audience do not simply accept 'Yes or No' answers, we're beyond that.

If you can get there, go and get the answers so many want!

I'd be grateful if someone could ask the 7 questions I have put on Zeros thread, and contrary to what one or two think, the questions are not based on rumour and need answering.

My Questions:-

Given that three other schemes have failed at different stages - what assurances have we that if this scheme fails the club will not simply be left high and dry?

Why did the club take the ludicrous deccision to desecrate a 1/4 of the ground, whilst unsure of any start date to the ill fated Oldham Arena project? (Simply blaming Oldham council and the credit crunch does not wash) The club had announced it's Oldham Arena plans in february 2006, yet didn't submit a planning application until over a year later (around 18 months). The delays from the council regarding the planning meeting were only a matter of 10 weeks and therefore on closer reflection not responsible for delaying the project.

Is the proposed new stadium simply an exit strategy so TTA save face?

Can you expand on the statement that almost half a million pounds has been spent on the 'maintenance' of Boundary Park?

What's being done to market the new stadium to the increasing disaffected Oldham Athletic fanbase?

Could a change in council leadership, jeopardise the whole project? If so why's the process AGAIN being drawn out when it has been announced more than once that ground was hoped to be broken in Spring? In reality the application may not have even been submitted by then.

It has been widely reported that next season is likely to be our last at BP, given the expected delays to the planning process etc... are we likely to find ourselves homeless come August 2011 or at the very best ground sharing? Thread

Edited by oafcprozac

...because they know it won't make the blindest bit of difference.

How can YOU say that ?????

If one person asks a question that the panel doesnt like and watches there reaction, that will tell more than any constructed reply !!!

The difference is made by the people asking the questions, some may undertsnad more some may swing from the move to staying at Bp.

If you dont register you cant vote, if you dont ask the questions you cant expect answers !!

I will get any questions printed off and asked

I'm going.

It's fairly typical though, people are quick to critisise and make doom and gloom predictions, but when an opportunity comes along to go and put their concerns and critisisms to the club they can't be bothered.

can't be bothered or can't physically be there?

i'd love to be there...oh yes i would.

If one person asks a question that the panel doesnt like and watches there reaction, that will tell more than any constructed reply !!!

The difference is made by the people asking the questions, some may undertsnad more some may swing from the move to staying at Bp.

If you dont register you cant vote, if you dont ask the questions you cant expect answers !!

Thanks Rick, I appreciate that!

Because I happen to think that's the case.

Don't give me all the 'power to the people' nonsense, Rick. This isn't a democratic decision. There'll be no voting. No question anyone asks will change how things are going to happen. It's a cursory gesture at best.

this is all about the consultation process. whatever awkward moments they may encounter,it won't change a single word to any application in the end.

its happening.nothing thats said tomorrow will change it.

Will you be there????

Nope off to London tonight....

There is a working letter if anyone at the trust / board is interested in hearing the views of fans who can not attended due to work / family issues...

Edited by oafc0000

Don't give me all the 'power to the people' nonsense, Rick. This isn't a democratic decision. There'll be no voting. No question anyone asks will change how things are going to happen. It's a cursory gesture at best.

But if we get the answers to the questions we want, as a fanbase we can move onto the next stage of (Completely hypothetical)

(a) Ok, we don't like it but we can see it's best for the club so bring it on

(B) Bollocks, we want to stay at BP, shove your new ground no bugger's gonna go! Start a concerted campaign to Save BP, and even back the Failsworth Residents in their campaign. TTA may not listen but I'm sure OMBC are likely to take more notice of 5,000 Latics fans than 100 Failsworth Residents. Look how one march quickly changed their tune?!

© Vote of no confidence in TTA, and start a campaign to get them out and new owners in, whether they like it or not. Never underestimate fan power, a proper directed campaign could well save Boundary Park, all was lost in 2003 but there were interested parties besides TTA.

The problem with many Latics fans is they just can't be arsed. My idea for direct action last time was a little hijacked by the self-important last time but by Christ it had the desired effect!

The Rugby Club were allowed to die, through dyed in wool Oldham apathy, the only people that can make sure history doesn't repeat itself is us. We stood up and were counted in 2003, and again in 2007 time to do it again if you want a club. I know we're all pissed off at the moment, but we can point at one common denominator why - surely we shouldn't allow those individuals decide what's best for a club they are effectively looking to cut and run from?

But if we get the answers to the questions we want, as a fanbase we can move onto the next stage of (Completely hypothetical)

(a) Ok, we don't like it but we can see it's best for the club so bring it on

(B) Bollocks, we want to stay at BP, shove your new ground no bugger's gonna go! Start a concerted campaign to Save BP, and even back the Failsworth Residents in their campaign. TTA may not listen but I'm sure OMBC are likely to take more notice of 5,000 Latics fans than 100 Failsworth Residents. Look how one march quickly changed their tune?!

© Vote of no confidence in TTA, and start a campaign to get them out and new owners in, whether they like it or not. Never underestimate fan power, a proper directed campaign could well save Boundary Park, all was lost in 2003 but there were interested parties besides TTA.

The problem with many Latics fans is they just can't be arsed. My idea for direct action last time was a little hijacked by the self-important last time but by Christ it had the desired effect!

The Rugby Club were allowed to die, through dyed in wool Oldham apathy, the only people that can make sure history doesn't repeat itself is us. We stood up and were counted in 2003, and again in 2007 time to do it again if you want a club. I know we're all pissed off at the moment, but we can point at one common denominator why - surely we shouldn't allow those individuals decide what's best for a club they are effectively looking to cut and run from?

Excellent post.

If you can't physically be there that's another thing, we all have other comittments.

There will be a lot of people in this position. A would say the majority of Latics fans base will have work / family commitments on Wednesday night. A low turn out will be perceived as people not caring. The reality is something much different.

I wanted to come but from the moment it was announced I knew getting there on Wednesday night would pretty dam hard. If I want it the wife is happy to let me go to Latics on Saturday. Other days of the week have other commitments including work.

I will be at the Theatre on Wednesday night with the wife in London after a day of meetings. Going watching Les Miserable, should be fun. Will be logging on to hopefully find someone has minuted the meeting.

Edited by oafc0000

there is no power to the people gesture in any shape or form

The question and answers may not change what is going to happen, but it may change peoples opinion in why it is happening or in some quarters needed to happen.

To be given the chance to ask a question and not use it because (insert reason) when in the end its because you cant be arsed or dont think it matters isnt helping anyone.

This open forum is aimed for Fans to ask these question not just for yourself but for the other fans that cant attand because they live far away, working, looking after children, in hospital, etc ....

There are so many frustrated fans out there who want to know whats going on but they now have there backs up because it has took so long to sort this forum out !

Lets use this frustration in a positive way, get on record by the PANEL why this move has to happen, ask for projected figures for the capacity etc let gets documentry figures on what TTA want to put in place and the reasons behind it !!!

If we have this information from the horses mouth as such and documented, we as the fans can

• a) make a more rounded opinion on the matter
  • B.) take the next step to deal with FRAG
  • c) Lobby for more research
  • d) Lobby for new owners
  • e)understand why the Bp site does not meet the revenue capability remit other sites do
  • f) all the above

Currently TTA find themselves in a position why they think that this is the only option for the futures of Oldham Athletic, Let ask them why to there FACES !!!!

Rick, I'm going and I want an answer to that question. Hopefully I'll get to ask it.

Cool. Cheers Ric. I will be there if I can, but am in Feltham tomorrow morning, and may need to stay darn sarf if I get the meeting agreed that I need to do in Chessington.