A football club and its fans

A load of bollocks.

So all the people going to Eastlands deserve that football team do they? Do they :censored:, band wagon jumpers getting on board at the first sign of any glory. The amount of city shirts you see now is sickening, where have all these people been for all these years? I imagine the same would happen no matter what club really and its sad that people support a club simply because of success, because lets face it, if you want to watch some good football you aint going to want to watch a Man Utd, its going to be Arsenal or Barca or infact any "big" club in europe.

Of course city has had its proper fans who stayed with the club through league one etc, they deserve it, like any proper fan would.

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...that stung a bit...

care to elaborate a bit more as that's very wide open and has many varied implications Garcon... :blink:

It is a very broad brush of a statement. Not necessarily one I agree with so much as a starting point for a debate.

I've not entirely gathered my thoughts on this myself yet. It's partly borne out of frustration, not with the die hard 3500 but the other 3000 who've disappeared recently ... and the circumstances that led to their disappearance. It's also borne out of frustration with the sometimes overriding feeling that some Oldham fans and perhaps the people of Oldham in general (and any other similar town for that matter) are resistent to change, suspicious of outsiders and just generally disinterested.

It can work the other way too - and perhaps has done at Oldham. i.e. the club gets the fans it deserves. Or perhaps in our case, the number of fans.

It is a very broad brush of a statement. Not necessarily one I agree with so much as a starting point for a debate.

I've not entirely gathered my thoughts on this myself yet. It's partly borne out of frustration, not with the die hard 3500 but the other 3000 who've disappeared recently ... and the circumstances that led to their disappearance. It's also borne out of frustration with the sometimes overriding feeling that some Oldham fans and perhaps the people of Oldham in general (and any other similar town for that matter) are resistent to change, suspicious of outsiders and just generally disinterested.

It can work the other way too - and perhaps has done at Oldham. i.e. the club gets the fans it deserves. Or perhaps in our case, the number of fans.

My disappearance is partly because of some of the 3500 'die hards'

There are loads still interested/support Oldham you only have to look on this forum to see that.