Soooo, rumours quashed or more doubts raised?

You go, your retired and then tell all the rest of us.

Some of us don't have the time and, to be honest, I couldn't give a :censored: about the figures.

I went to the Forum in August, had my questions answered and have repeatedly reminded people on here what was said that night. I've also repeatedly reminded people that the Club invites them to submit their queries, so that they are not labouring under any misconceptions.

I couldn't go to this weeks's Forum, and therefore I'm grateful to those who've posted on here about what was said.

I've had my questions answered, and doubters wouldn't accept information fed back from me, as i'm viewed as pro-TTA. So it's up to the doubters to put their points across and see if TTA can prove to them that they're 'good guys'.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said elsewhere, I fully understand the reasoning behind it, particularly as the club has been allowed to fall so far behind where the real action is.

I just don't relish it or think that it will even work.

I think this statement by the Corp sums up my feelings about this whole move in a nutshell. I can just about get my head round why we need to move, and I can understand that that there is no other site applicable for what we need, but I just can’t get excited about it or envisage a rosy future there.

For me, Failsworth is geographically the worst site we could move to, as the arguments about whether it is in Oldham or Manchester will always rage. These ‘increased revenue streams’ have still not been identified, and as such I am very sceptical that an organization that is as shoddily run as OAFC is can suddenly turn its hand to ventures they’ve never been involved in before and turn over a £5000,000 or so yearly profit.

The capacity is another thorny issue as I’m with the Corp here, you don’t build a 12k (at best) seater stadium if you see yourself any higher in the food chain than we already are, and when the Chief Exec says we will never need more than a 15/16k stadium even if we reached the Premier League again because that’s all we got last time, then it shows that there really are problems at the helm of our club.

TTA have been great for us, but when they came their remit (that they set out) was to make us a self financing, Championship outfit. Now the Championship bit seems to have been conveniently dropped and I can’t remember it being mentioned once by the top table at the meeting the other night.

Self sufficiency at Failsworth seems to be the name of the game now. If we achieve it fine, but just like the team at the moment, I just can’t get excited about it.

I think this statement by the Corp sums up my feelings about this whole move in a nutshell. I can just about get my head round why we need to move, and I can understand that that there is no other site applicable for what we need, but I just can’t get excited about it or envisage a rosy future there.

For me, Failsworth is geographically the worst site we could move to, as the arguments about whether it is in Oldham or Manchester will always rage. These ‘increased revenue streams’ have still not been identified, and as such I am very sceptical that an organization that is as shoddily run as OAFC is can suddenly turn its hand to ventures they’ve never been involved in before and turn over a £5000,000 or so yearly profit.

The capacity is another thorny issue as I’m with the Corp here, you don’t build a 12k (at best) seater stadium if you see yourself any higher in the food chain than we already are, and when the Chief Exec says we will never need more than a 15/16k stadium even if we reached the Premier League again because that’s all we got last time, then it shows that there really are problems at the helm of our club.

TTA have been great for us, but when they came their remit (that they set out) was to make us a self financing, Championship outfit. Now the Championship bit seems to have been conveniently dropped and I can’t remember it being mentioned once by the top table at the meeting the other night.

Self sufficiency at Failsworth seems to be the name of the game now. If we achieve it fine, but just like the team at the moment, I just can’t get excited about it.

Possibly the most concise summary of exactly what all this means for the club posted on here so far.

I strongly suspect that the 2000 or more regular fans who've fallen away over the last few seasons (we averaged around 6500 when TTA arrived) are, in the main, those who can no longer believe that there's any serious intention to even get to the Championship, let alone stay there, and thus see regular attendance as pointless. After all, what's the real point of a club that's happy to merely stay alive? It might have made no odds when it cost just a few bob to get in, but when you're paying 20-odd quid, possibly for several kids as well, you naturally and inevitably begin to ask questions as to whether this is money well spent. The remaining 3000-odd home fans are, I'd guess, those who'd go no matter what, and it will be these who follow the club to Failsworth.

Basically, although they might have had loftier aims to begin with, TTA are ending up finishing the job started by JWL, Stott, Brierley et al and restyling the club as another Rochdale (ironically when Rochdale seem set to overtake us; the ultimate indignity.)