Free Anti-Virus Software

Yard Dog

My AVG is telling me I need to upgrade to AVG 9 to stay protected, but it costs so obviously I'd rather change to something free. Anyone got any recommendations ?

Also, not sure if I've picked up a virus whilst erm.....but after being on the internet for a couple of hours it just stops....it actually says ' stopped ' on the firefox sttus bar at the bottom and there's nowt I can do but restart my computer. I can still message through googletalk but accessing the internet through firefox, IE, safari on Chrome just won't work....strane thing is it only seems to happen on my windows profile and not the missuses :blush:

Edited by Yard Dog

My AVG is telling me I need to upgrade to AVG 9 to stay protected, but it costs so obviously I'd rather change to something free. Anyone got any recommendations ?

Also, not sure if I've picked up a virus whilst erm.....but after being on the internet for a couple of hours it just stops....it actually says ' stopped ' on the firefox sttus bar at the bottom and there's nowt I can do but restart my computer. I can still message through googletalk but accessing the internet through firefox, IE, safari on Chrome just won't work....strane thing is it only seems to happen on my windows profile and not the missuses :blush:

It doesn't cost, you can upgrade to the free one.

http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-securi...et-security.php

All-in-one solution. It's been the business for me.

At the risk of starting a love-in, I have been using this for about a year and would recommend it. Occasionally it picks up something that isn't a virus and can be an arse to install new software as it nags about every registry change or service call (on the other hand that isn't too bad as it does let you know what the installer is trying to do).

If you have a bit of IT nouse it is fine, if you aren't too sure about the voodoo that pcs do do then it may be a bit tricky at first.