stadium design

Well, that just proves that YOU have nothing in common with Oldhamers and Latics. Everybody knows that! Pah!

It doesn't matter what you have in common. Most people all over the UK, and beyond, have most things in common.

What matters is that few people in Failsworth have a history of supporting Oldham Athletic. While both City and United can attract international stars and we offer third and fourth division journeymen, loanees unwanted elsewhere, and a continual string of disappointing youths, this will not change. Therefore, there will be nobody to replace those fans who say they won't go to Failsworth.

Christ, all this is so obvious.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'ere.

I have the trade mark on White Elephant in reagards to the new Stadium, and is solely to use when describing a stadium being built that is far in excess of what is currently required to " make a statement to our near neighbours" to keep up with the Joneses'.

Building something with what is currently required in mind means that we stay at this level or below permanently.

Nearly all the stadiums with sub-12000 capacities are in the lower divisions.

we need to look at what will make usmoney, whether it be nou camp oldham version or a piece of dessolate land painted as a stadium, if it makes us money and helps us with survival then i class it as a step forward, from there we can start making demands, when we can afford it.

There is absolutely no chance at all of a sub-12000 capacity stadium in Failsworth making the club significant money when it is being built with only lower division football in mind. What it may do, if done right, is generate enough money to keep things ticking over in the third or fourth division or in the Conference.

Some people are so naive and easily led that it's unnerving.

Fair enough if no one in Failsworth supports Oldham or thinks they are Mancs, but at the end of the day it is still in Oldham and its not that far from BP that current Oldham fans should be considering not going. Thats the thing which I am finding baffling TBH. What is it? 3 miles down the same road? I know I go past it on the bus from Manchester and it must only be 10 minutes away from the current ground. If it was a lot further away I would understand people hang ups, but its a big development, if the only suitable place is a big site on the outskirts of town this shouldn't be a big surprise.

I would have thought if anything attendances would rise made up of the existing hardcore, a number of those who have drifted away, curious locals and free local kids. It really makes me wonder if some people who say they will not follow the move to Failsworth actually support Oldham Athletic Football Club or if they just use it as tool to moan at and about. To be honest I think that those who are shouting the loudest about not wanting to move to Failsworth are probably the most diehard fans who, when push comes to shove will be the first ones snapping up tickets at the new ground because Oldham Athletic is their number 1 priority in life ( I hope so anyway otherwise its worrying!)

Attendances may rise at first (so low have they fallen under TTA's reign that it would be amazing if they didn't.) But once the curiosity has died down and people relaise what the intention beghind building a ground with a lower division capacity is, they will be off again.

People who say they won't go to Failsworth are not usually concerned about the distance they will have to travel. Again, this much is more than obvious.

'ere.

I have the trade mark on White Elephant in reagards to the new Stadium, and is solely to use when describing a stadium being built that is far in excess of what is currently required to " make a statement to our near neighbours" to keep up with the Joneses'.

:lol:

Apologies! What do I owe you for breach of copyright? :wink:

I think the same can be attached to some of the happy clappers amongst though...

Because the key to success is low crowds ? :blink:

Some of those most enthusiastic about the downscaling of the club are looking forward to a nice social life built around their little no-hope lower division club.

Not for nothing is some admiration for Rochdale evident on this board. Ironic when you think that Rochdale are set to leave us behind.

Some did move into Oldham. You're arguing for the sake of it. You only have to spend ten minutes in Failsworth to realise that most people are of Mancunian origin. And don't support Oldham Athletic.

so using your great powers of deduction then,you could safely assume if you spent ten minutes in oldham or rochdale that most people are of asian origin

try not to get splinters whilst scrapeing the bottom of that barrel

Some of those most enthusiastic about the downscaling of the club are looking forward to a nice social life built around their little no-hope lower division club.

Not for nothing is some admiration for Rochdale evident on this board. Ironic when you think that Rochdale are set to leave us behind.

can you prove rochdale are going to leave us behind,or is this just another assumption based on that there currently top of league 2

The thing is about the vast majority on here is that they are all talk. How may said they would stop going to Latics the moment they heard Lee Hughes was being signed by the club? It’s the same with the move to Failsworth. It’s absolutely ridiculous that anyone would stop going due to the ground being built there. What does the club have to do to prove that there aren’t any other alternative options to build the ground elsewhere? It’s funny how most of the people who feel strongly against the move are the ones who have had no contact with the club or haven’t been to any of the meetings held.

Everyone keeps rambling on saying that Latics are poorly supported in Failsworth, I think you’ll find it’s the same anywhere within Oldham.

They have proved that there are no alternatives to Failsworth.

However, what this means is that we will never establish ourselves in the Championship again. In turn, this means that crowds will never rise much above the current level. People will not turn up in droves to watch a club whose main concern is to merely survive at the current level or below.

Build it......and they will come.

The most overused platitude in the English language nowadays. If it were 'Build it and then spend substantially and wisely on a quality squad that forms the basis for an attempt at a sustained period in the Championship they will come', that would be different.

But we know that this isn't the aim

You only have to go int Oldham Town Centre to see that most people do not support Oldham Athletic.

If you could point to a period in time when that was not the case......

Exactly - the days of the bandwagon brigade are long gone and for a very short period, we inherited 9'000 fans. Many of These fans we are unlikely to see again, which leaves us with what we have had for the majority of the last 30 years - moving to Failsworth will not alter our averag fan base so dramatically, despite the doomed mongering that has and is still going on and on and on and on and on and on........

how can it be a gues...he is stating they are set to leave us behind..not probably or maybe..but leaving us behind....

It is his belief... It is really not that hard to understand... I won't forgive you a second time :)

even if they do get promoted i think they are a long way off leaving us behind

Then you might want to wake up...

Edited by oafc0000

So by saying Rochdale are set to 'leave us behind' you are saying that they are going to get promoted and will perform better than us in League 1? Which, to say we are looking at mid-table obscurity, will mean they will be making an assault on the play-offs? And by 'leave us behind' you surely ultimately mean they will achieve Championship status 'leaving us behind' in League 1?

That's a cracking achievement for a team that plays in a 10,000 capacity stadium and averages home attendances around the 2,500 mark. You'd led me to believe that teams like that are consigned to lower league football forever. Funny how the rules change when it's a team other than Oldham..

Woof.