stadium design

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did he predict that?

Like i say evidence required:- a link to an early post that we will still be at an undeveloped BP will do.

As I'm always having to repeat, I said for months and months that the economic crash would be the end of the BP redevelopment plans. Lo and behold what transpired! And the people cheering loudest for Failsworth were the first ones to jump down my throat and chant rah, rah rah when the club said it was still on track (even on the eve of the announcement that we were probaly going to share a new stadium with 'another local club.')

I also predicted that we'd be presented with an inferior development and told that it was the only choice on offer. Lo and behold again!

I predicted that, after throwing away our promotion chance last season, the club would begin to revise plans as to where it wants to go.

And I predicted a 'temporary' ground share. Watch this space.

As I say, it's all there in my posting history if you're bored.

It gives me no pleasure to be correct so often about this unfolding spectacle.

I don't care at all about the stadium design and wouldn't waste time on it, as we'll get what we're given and like it.

Unfortunately I think that pretty much sums up the general future of Oldham Athletic on and off the pitch unless we court an extremely rich and wreckless multi billionaire.

As I'm always having to repeat, I said for months and months that the economic crash would be the end of the BP redevelopment plans. Lo and behold what transpired! And the people cheering loudest for Failsworth were the first ones to jump down my throat and chant rah, rah rah when the club said it was still on track (even on the eve of the announcement that we were probaly going to share a new stadium with 'another local club.')

I also predicted that we'd be presented with an inferior development and told that it was the only choice on offer. Lo and behold again!

I predicted that, after throwing away our promotion chance last season, the club would begin to revise plans as to where it wants to go.

Well to be quite frank, anyone with a bit of knowledge could have predicted that the economic crash especially in the housing market, that the plans for BP might not proceed. HOWEVER, what if Failsworth didn't proceed, for whatever reason, we have already heard that there is not another site available, so in those circumstances, BP may still happen, maybe in a revised form, but nevertheless could still happen. So your being proven right is not necessarily being proved right, because until work starts on another site you have not been proved right

Another point is if the crash hadn't happened and Failsworth had all of a sudden come on the scene and work hadn't commenced at BP there is still an argument that Failsworth would still have provided us with a greater future income than BP, all things being equal, pro rata etc so maybe in any event Failsworth would still have been a better option. For example if TTA had got full value for the BP site, they could have invested more into the Failsworth site including a bigger capacity. What would people say at that point?

As for a temporary ground share. Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to claim you have been proved right. By saying watch this space doesn't justify you adding it to your list of items where you claim to have been proved right, because quite simply you haven't.

Well to be quite frank, anyone with a bit of knowledge could have predicted that the economic crash especially in the housing market, that the plans for BP might not proceed. HOWEVER, what if Failsworth didn't proceed, for whatever reason, we have already heard that there is not another site available, so in those circumstances, BP may still happen, maybe in a revised form, but nevertheless could still happen. So your being proven right is not necessarily being proved right, because until work starts on another site you have not been proved right

Another point is if the crash hadn't happened and Failsworth had all of a sudden come on the scene and work hadn't commenced at BP there is still an argument that Failsworth would still have provided us with a greater future income than BP, all things being equal, pro rata etc so maybe in any event Failsworth would still have been a better option. For example if TTA had got full value for the BP site, they could have invested more into the Failsworth site including a bigger capacity. What would people say at that point?

As for a temporary ground share. Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to claim you have been proved right. By saying watch this space doesn't justify you adding it to your list of items where you claim to have been proved right, because quite simply you haven't.

Beside the point when when the people taking me to task were, as I've said, those who were the first to jump down my throat at the time.

As for the rest, you is talking to the hand.

:imnotworthy:

If I was green. and had several eyes. I'd be pointing at your post saying "the claw... the clawwwwww"

:wink:

I also did predict this, but I was far fromon my own, although I did with far less glee, and it was not that difficult. My assumption was based on lack of funds for Developers, nad lack of name companies to take the retails side of thinhgs. Not that difficlut ata ll, and I don;t recall epople scoffing tha the suggestion.

How can you lo and behold when ther are no plans?

It hardly take Nostradamus to predict rhat if there was no promotion then certain core plans be revised. Just as they could have be re-revereted if we had been on course tihs season.

That is not a prediction. You simply recalled that from the statemetn that was made. Of course it still might happen.

I predict Dave Penney will leave us.

Ia sl predict that the TTA wil leave us withinh 5 years.

I predict no Latics supporter will win te Euro millions before the first sod is vut at Failsworth.

I predict the majortity will feel the new stadium plans are fine.

Not difficult at all this prediction lark

I predict Dave Penney will leave us.

Ia sl predict that the TTA wil leave us withinh 5 years.

I predict no Latics supporter will win te Euro millions before the first sod is vut at Failsworth.

I predict the majortity will feel the new stadium plans are fine.

Not difficult at all this prediction lark

Look, just stop beating yourself up about this prediction thang.

I was right; you were wrong. I don't think any the less of you for it.

By the way, if you do finally go into my posting history you'll see that lots of people took me to task for saying that the economic crisis put paid to the redevelopment of BP, including you. Meanwhile, you do not need any plans to appreciate that Failsworth is the the inferior option. All you need is to take into account that the proposed capacity is 12000 (or is it to be even less-it's a bit unclear now?), which means no serious intention to ever establish the club in the Championship again. And I predicted a temporary ground share before anything came out of the club regarding the possibility.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Look, just stop beating yourself up about this prediction thang.

I was right; you were wrong. I don't think any the less of you for it.

By the way, if you do finally go into my posting history you'll see that lots of people took me to task for saying that the economic crisis put paid to the redevelopment of BP, including you. Meanwhile, you do not need any plans to appreciate that Failsworth is the the inferior option. All you need is to take into account that the proposed capacity is 12000 (or is it to be even less-it's a bit unclear now?), which means no serious intention to ever establish the club in the Championship again. And I predicted a temporary ground share before anything came out of the club regarding the possibility.

There you go again, with your outlandish statements which have no basis in fact. Not true.

In fact, I predicted it before you.

You simply don't know what it's liked to be subjected to an endless flow of cretinisms.

i think all of us actually do,we have to put up with you and your ikkle friend hijacking almost every post with endless drivel of impending doom and not being able to get out of it and being thrown to the wolves..then when people actually challenge you you revert back to type with the personal stuff....

its christmas for gods sake,give it a rest until the new year.....

or post something positive about the actuall title of this thread "stadium design" i predict you wont or cant

and your ikkle friend hijacking almost every post with endless drivel of impending doom

Maybe you missed the the couple of posts where I said I had not made my mind up yet... Mine and Corps opinion are actually different... I just think he makes good points people like yourself do not want to hear... Don't worry, I have more forgiveness in me for your failures... :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

Why should he or anyone feel like they can not offer their opinion. Maybe you should stay off this form of free speech for a while. It clearly conflicts with your values...

Here is a suggestion for you, why not ignore him ?

or post something positive about the actuall title of this thread "stadium design" i predict you wont or cant

What more do you need to know about the design.. Its going to be four stands with no corners... It going to be a "community" stadium with a 11-12k capacity... Now that is all from the horses mouth...

Now think about every British stadium built to this sort of specification and it does not take a genius to work out what it is going to look like...

As for being "positive" about it... Why should people have to be positive about it if they are unhappy or should be align their views with yours as a matter of course?

Edited by oafc0000

i think all of us actually do,we have to put up with you and your ikkle friend hijacking almost every post with endless drivel of impending doom and not being able to get out of it and being thrown to the wolves..then when people actually challenge you you revert back to type with the personal stuff....

What's it being Christmas got to do with anything?

Is this the only thread to ever go off-topic or something? Of course it isn't. In fact, unlike many others, its barely strayed at all.

I've already said that I'm entirely uninterested in the stadium design. All that matters regarding what it means for the club lies in the proposed capacity.