Advice needed, xbox or PS3?

Loftyboy

Not sure which one, if any to get. Any info, pros and cons etc most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

PS3 for me. Free online play (unlike the Xbox's subscription service, £60 a year i think, though i have heard rumours that they could start charging) and has now finally got plenty of good exclusive titles along with all the usual multiplatform games. Also has a built in blu-ray player if thats your thing, which the xbox doesnt have. Also has a built in wireless adapter for the online side of things unlike the xbox 360 where you have to buy one for about 70 odd quid i think? i know you have to buy it though if you wanna play online.

As for the pro's for the xbox, from what ive read of reviews of games on it it has slightly better graphics but its hardly noticeable. It also has some very good exclusives, one of which is out next year that i cant wait for, Mass Effect 2, which could well be game of the year next year. Although you have to pay to play online, it is meant to be slightly better than the PS3's online though i think the gap is narrowing now.

As for pirces, the xbox 360 is definitely cheaper, though this changed a bit with the intro of the PS3 slim recently and a price cut so not much difference between prices at the mo, as you still have to buy stuff for the xbox 360 and pay for online each year. Eventually the PS3 will pay for it.

So in conclusion a PS3 is the one you should buy, though it wouldnt be that bad a decision to buy an Xbox 360. Hell save up enough after the first and buy the other after more possible price cuts on both consoles.

Lucky for me i have both currently :grin: will admit i hardly use my xbox at the moment though (too much fun playing COD).

Edited by Oafc88

Xbox 360 hands down (but make sure its the elite version)...had an XBOX 360 first got it nicked so got a ps3 through insurance...took it back after 3 months and got a 360 again.

Gameplay is dramatically different and is noticeable even to my untrained eye. You don't have to get a wireless adapter for the 360 if you are within ethernet cable distance to router or modem. But you do have to pay for xbox live gold subscription (i get 12 month codes off ebay for around £20) you get 3 months free when you buy a console.

The better games are always released on XBox 360 first and the control pads are the bees knees...

Games to get bundled in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Assasins Creed 2

Call of duty online usually lasts me 12 months alone no need for any other games!

The better games are always released on XBox 360 first and the control pads are the bees knees...

I have both and that qoute is complete rubbish. Most games are released at the same time and it comes down to which consoles exclusive you prefer. xbox360 seems to be first person shooters all the way whereas PS3 exclusives seem to offer variety.

Ratchet and Clank is PS3 exclusive as is God of War 3, Gran Tourismo, Singstar games, Uncharted 2 - stunning game, along with alot more on the way.

Add in the Blu Ray player and my PS3 gets the vote and is used more, but as to which one for you I would say the secret is in the exclusives for each machine and which ones you prefer.

The old which is better debate?

The answer is neither, they are pretty much on par with each other. I suppose its personnal preference. I prefer the PS3 by far, for reasons that have already been mentioned and i think the pad is better than the 360, but thats my opinion. If i was forced to say which is better then i would say the PS3, there is no difference in gameplay between the two, it has no extra costs involved i.e Online gaming, its worth it for the online Blu-ray player alone.

Whichever you buy you won't be dissapointed!