Yes it is ANOTHER midfielder, but in terms of numbers i think he did need someone else:

-only :censored: and lomax at RB with holdsworth out all season

-stephens, whitaker, furman in midfield, all attacking players really, so another agressive guy is needed ie Goodwin and to add another number to the cm options

-we need a 3rd cb so Timar is a logical move and i would not bet against him staying in the team even when hazell comes back.

-probably see heff or someone else in in the next 3 weeks up front and will probably ktf with brill and ollerenshaw for now or recall fleming.

Don't see a problem.

I know he will get it right eventually. If the majority of moronic 'supporters' on here had their way, Nigel Adkins at scunny wouldve been sacked after their 1st relegation from the championship.

Lighten up, yes it is HTFC but have you not stopped and thought why? - local, doesnt need to 'adjust' to a new area and he might just be half decent - wouldnt be saying the same thing if we signed 4 man utd players on loan would you....morons.

Edited by shefflatic

Yes it is ANOTHER midfielder, but in terms of numbers i think he did need someone else:

-stephens, whitaker, furman in midfield, all attacking players really, so another agressive guy is needed ie Goodwin and to add another number to the cm options

-we need a 3rd cb so Timar is a logical move and i would not bet against him staying in the team even when hazell comes back.

-probably see heff or someone else in in the next 3 weeks up front and will probably ktf with brill and ollerenshaw for now or recall fleming.

Don't see a problem.

I know he will get it right eventually. If the majority of moronic 'supporters' on here had their way, Nigel Adkins at scunny wouldve been sacked after their 1st relegation from the championship.

Lighten up, yes it is HTFC but have you not stopped and thought why? - local, doesnt need to 'adjust' to a new area and he might just be half decent - wouldnt be saying the same thing if we signed 4 man utd players on loan would you....morons.

I think Reuben will be unfortunate not to get back into the side when his ban has finished. He, along with Gregan, have (IMO) been outstanding this season.

Don't see a problem.

well said, David is signing him for a reason that reason being he wan'ts to stoke up the volumne around the midfield...to many mary poppins characters in there at the moment an astute adjustment by david is this one...Well done son... :grin: :grin:

:blink:

Yep, I remember that 'sack adkins' thread on OWTB well... but hey, arent I glad Scunny stuck with their super physio!!! Ho Hooo!

Bloody hell... didnt know we were now bored enough to mount 'sack the manager' campaigns for other clubs!

:wink:

As for you other points - good points well made! I think the second 'udders poster sums up for me what I know about Goodwin. No-where near as bad as that first poster. The issue is that Clarke defo wants to take the club in a different direction... Holdsworth and Goodwin in particular are decent players, and Worthy will do a job.

However you will never, ever convince me that Kiegan Parker is anything other than an utter nob.

Furman's main problem this season for me is that he has been asked to do the Worthington role e.g break up play and give the ball.

This is mainly becasue we haven't had Worthington available or all our other midfielders would be even worse than Furman. Whitts hasn't got a tackle in him, :censored: is at his best going from box to box so Furman has had to sit in the middle whilst :censored: gets from box to box.

I guess really what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't judge Furman until we have seen him in the team for a long run with a Worthington figure along side him.

Spot on that man - if Furman is allowed to do what he is good at then he is quality - if Goodwin is in the Worthington mould then that will allow Furman and Stephens to play - let's wait and see.

Just hope that Taylor and Abbott get some time on the pitch today :wink: