The Chrons latest on Failsworth

Basically it means that the council will lease the land to the club. The Council will therefore still "own" the land and receive a rent for it. It therefore benefits the community, be it Failsworth or the Borough in general.

For example when you "buy" a house, if you pay a ground rent, it means that you own the bricks and mortar but that you only rent the land that the house stands on.

When teams play on a pitch on say Clayton Playing fields, they "rent" the land for set times in the season.

Thats why I believe that the stadium will be built on this part of the site and that the "add ons" will be on the Lancaster club part of the site.

This information has been in the public domain for several months now, yet people do not seem to have picked up that the site will be partly owned and partly rented.

If the council run the new stadium like they do Clayton playing fields I shudder to think how it will be maintained.

If the council run the new stadium like they do Clayton playing fields I shudder to think how it will be maintained.

:grin:

Probably a bad example BP1960.

Lets hope that our rent is as "competetive" but I think we'll do the maintenance rather than leave it with the Council.

Memo to TTA/AH - Best make sure that a "club to carry out the maintenance" covenant is included in the Lease :lol:

I think that might be your first positive post :grin:

Be careful, you might become a happy clapper next :wink:

I used to be an Happy Clapper. You clearly don't remember me on JKL. (Albeit it was under another username.)

The renegades are always the most fanatical. Solzhenitsyn was once a Communist. Peter Hitchens was in the SWP.

I used to be an Happy Clapper. You clearly don't remember me on JKL. (Albeit it was under another username.)

The renegades are always the most fanatical. Solzhenitsyn was once a Communist. Peter Hitchens was in the SWP.

What has Shaun Wright Phillips got to do with it?

And why was Peter Hitchins in him? Are you trying to say something about his sexuality?

Are we signing SWP with the Richards money? :grin:

I have no idea what your former username was, but I will hazard a guess that you drop your H's.

Basically it means that the council will lease the land to the club. The Council will therefore still "own" the land and receive a rent for it. It therefore benefits the community, be it Failsworth or the Borough in general.

For example when you "buy" a house, if you pay a ground rent, it means that you own the bricks and mortar but that you only rent the land that the house stands on.

When teams play on a pitch on say Clayton Playing fields, they "rent" the land for set times in the season.

Thats why I believe that the stadium will be built on this part of the site and that the "add ons" will be on the Lancaster club part of the site.

This information has been in the public domain for several months now, yet people do not seem to have picked up that the site will be partly owned and partly rented.

If anyone knocks on my door asking for ground rent they'll get a short answer.