£10000 pounds worth of food thrown away

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be pretty careful when giving food away as you still remain liable for food poisoning claims, etc.

nanny state bollocks.

any food manufacture company or retail company that does give food away to charities are governed by heath and safety(food hygiene standards etc)

it happens every day in marks&sparks,tesco etc etc.

the pie manufacturers with have to conform with the same proceedures..if they weren't fit and proper they wouldn't be allowed to sell food to the public.

the charity organisations they would be giving to will also be aware of their responsiblities and of how to handle the foods(safe storage etc) and serve them correctly(heating above 82 degrees c to ensure proper temperatures are safe).

nanny state bollocks.

any food manufacture company or retail company that does give food away to charities are governed by heath and safety(food hygiene standards etc)

it happens every day in marks&sparks,tesco etc etc.

the pie manufacturers with have to conform with the same proceedures..if they weren't fit and proper they wouldn't be allowed to sell food to the public.

the charity organisations they would be giving to will also be aware of their responsiblities and of how to handle the foods(safe storage etc) and serve them correctly(heating above 82 degrees c to ensure proper temperatures are safe).

Cheers John, well you learn something new everyday, I knew I could count on a RAF lumpy to give me the details! :wink:

Cheers John, well you learn something new everyday, I knew I could count on a RAF lumpy to give me the details! :wink:

lol...i didn't learn that in the RAF !

where i used to work,the sally army used to get regular food donations from us,nothing was ever refused,always eternally grateful.

our responsibilities was to ensure it was safe.it was to be eaten within 12 hours and stored and heated up correctly.they knew how to do it,we knew how to do it.

it is the law. we all had to be qualified to handle foods and understand the complete food chain from supplier to ourselves to sally army.

like i say,the nanny state is bollocks,and its to easy to lump things into it these days.