£10000 pounds worth of food thrown away

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS. The man was invited on TalkSport because of our exceptional period where we don't play any games. We are probably going to miss out on more games than anyone other club and it was quite clear that that was the reason we were invited on the show.

The man was as a frank, open and interesting as ever. At no point did he talk up problems. He actually said on a few occasions during the interview that we are by no means on our own in facing severe difficulties.

I also do not recall him saying we lost 10k on food...he did say we had wasted (lost) money on a number of things including food due to the weather/postponments...He's pretty :censored:ing astute does Corney and I for one am certain he will have done as much as he possible could to avoid wastage...

Jesus f***ing christ.

He said it... they were discussing it on the evening show and couldnt belive we had to throw so much food away.... Anyway i was more interested why we have to take the hit when we dont make money on the food as we have been told before and it goes to outside caterers

He said it... they were discussing it on the evening show and couldnt belive we had to throw so much food away.... Anyway i was more interested why we have to take the hit when we dont make money on the food as we have been told before and it goes to outside caterers

Had a look on TalkSport to see if I could find the interview but no luck... If he did say it I could only chalk it up as being rubbish... He probably just got his head in a muddle...

Had a look on TalkSport to see if I could find the interview but no luck... If he did say it I could only chalk it up as being rubbish... He probably just got his head in a muddle...

Thats what i thought at the time and so did Darren Gough infact he asked if Latics had ever thought of buying a freezer

FFS. The man was invited on TalkSport because of our exceptional period where we don't play any games. We are probably going to miss out on more games than anyone other club and it was quite clear that that was the reason we were invited on the show.

The man was as a frank, open and interesting as ever. At no point did he talk up problems. He actually said on a few occasions during the interview that we are by no means on our own in facing severe difficulties.

I also do not recall him saying we lost 10k on food...he did say we had wasted (lost) money on a number of things including food due to the weather/postponments...He's pretty :censored:ing astute does Corney and I for one am certain he will have done as much as he possible could to avoid wastage...

Jesus f***ing christ.

Got to agree - Simon Corney is a decent bloke doing his best for the club - I wish people who know little of the man would stop wading in with ill informed comment and pure speculation.

:ranting:

i agree

I have seen a couple of after Dinner speakers who know Darren Gough well and I soon concluded hes not the brightest button in the box.Seems to be the thing in Dumb Down Britain to give TV and Radio jobs to the planks thesedays, started with Ian Wright.

I have seen a couple of after Dinner speakers who know Darren Gough well and I soon concluded hes not the brightest button in the box.Seems to be the thing in Dumb Down Britain to give TV and Radio jobs to the planks thesedays, started with Ian Wright.

Wrightys a genius compared to this bloke, his big thing is is talking about how overrated Messi is, he says Arshavin is a far better player and Messi isn't that good because he's been rubbish for Argentina and only looks good for Barca because he plays in a rubbish league. His newest claim is that Rooney is the best player in the world and would be worldclass in any position on the pitch.

The guy is a massive twonk with very little footballing knowledge which is a problem on a station that is 95% based on football.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

Wrightys a genius compared to this bloke, his big thing is is talking about how overrated Messi is, he says Arshavin is a far better player and Messi isn't that good because he's been rubbish for Argentina and only looks good for Barca because he plays in a rubbish league. His newest claim is that Rooney is the best player in the world and would be worldclass in any position on the pitch.

The guy is a massive twonk with very little footballing knowledge which is a problem on a station that is 95% based on football.

Gough definitely knows little about football. He's almost as annoying as Durham. As for Ian Wright, bit of hypocrite and definitely not the sharpest tool in the box, but he's a football person at least - just doesn't have the vocabulary for radio, he can't put across what he wants too all that easily - one of Wrighty's favourite phrases is ' in respect of ' and one day on the drivetime show the subject was respect for referees....Wrighty came out with something like 'In respect of the respect you've gotta respect that respect....' it went on and he must have used the word respect about 90 times in one comment.

Edited by Yard Dog

A great gesture would have been to offer the in-date and unwanted food to charities in the local community.

However I don't know of the circumstances/arrangements concerning the food...

Yup plus it would make for some nice media coverage and marketing maybe?

My Oldham MBC issued slop bucket has been sat outside for the last 5 days awaiting collection.

There's currently over 2 week's worth of waste food in it frozen solid!

I had an idea for this, and it combines the two problems, one - the binmen not being able to travel in the snow, an the scond is obvisouly uncollected bins...my answer is...A PLOUGH BIN WAGON!

picture of plough bin truck

*it wouldnt let me put the pic cos of some dynamic link thing? so you'll have to click the link an open a new tab/window *

Edited by bensonio

Yup plus it would make for some nice media coverage and marketing maybe?

I had an idea for this, and it combines the two problems, one - the binmen not being able to travel in the snow, an the scond is obvisouly uncollected bins...my answer is...A PLOUGH BIN WAGON!

picture of plough bin truck

*it wouldnt let me put the pic cos of some dynamic link thing? so you'll have to click the link an open a new tab/window *

Its agreat idea.

It'll never work though, the unions will state that collecting bins is one persons job, and clearing snow is another......

Corney said on the radio that we have thrown £10000 pounds worth of food away due to the weather. I thought we had outside caterers and this is what i was told by AH and it has been mentioned before when people have complained about lack of pies etc

can someone Clarify what the deal is with the food/catering at BP?

Yet another opportunity passes by for TTA to come on here (The official forum) and answer a damn good question and enlighten the paying supporter.

It's a great shame that something can't be organised whereby SC comes on here once a fortnight and puts our minds at rest (Or spews out more untruths, depending on your view of him).

Yet another opportunity passes by for TTA to come on here (The official forum) and answer a damn good question and enlighten the paying supporter.

It's a great shame that something can't be organised whereby SC comes on here once a fortnight and puts our minds at rest (Or spews out more untruths, depending on your view of him).

Email the club for a direct answer. Simples.

Yup SC or Barry could easily put this sort of stuff to bed very quickly... They choose not to...

Then again, we are but humble customers...apparently...

Email the club for a direct answer. Simples.

You're not seeing my point.

There are a number of people interested in the answer to this and many other questions. Why inundate busy people with countless questions, especially if dozens of people decide to pose the same question? If those questions were sensibly compiled and put to TTA on a fortnightly basis, surely it would be easier for the answers to be posted once a fortnight on this site, for all to see.

Even simpler.

You're not seeing my point.

There are a number of people interested in the answer to this and many other questions. Why inundate busy people with countless questions, especially if dozens of people decide to pose the same question? If those questions were sensibly compiled and put to TTA on a fortnightly basis, surely it would be easier for the answers to be posted once a fortnight on this site, for all to see.

Even simpler.

No you're missing my point but maybe I was a bit opaque.

Email the club with your idea that SC comes on here - address the request to the dcecision maker.

ps. I think that even on here lots of questions would get repeated. Look at how often the same topics/red herrings etc come up.

Edited by LaticsPete

More thoughts. If it did happen I think that expectations need to be low. Questions of commercial sensitivity, issues to do with personalities, personnel/salary details, political negotiations, etc aren't going to get answers.

It may be down to the range of pies.

A great gesture would have been to offer the in-date and unwanted food to charities in the local community.

However I don't know of the circumstances/arrangements concerning the food...

You have to be pretty careful when giving food away as you still remain liable for food poisoning claims, etc.

No you're missing my point but maybe I was a bit opaque.

Email the club with your idea that SC comes on here - address the request to the dcecision maker.

ps. I think that even on here lots of questions would get repeated. Look at how often the same topics/red herrings etc come up.

Fair enough, but with regard to the repetition of questions, could they not be posted on here in a specific forum, then edited fortnightly by one of our mods and sent to SC/AH etc?

The forum could then be wiped clean in anticipation of the next set of queries, and TTA could set about answering the questions, and post them prior to receiving the next lot.

I suppose an alternative might be for someone to trawl the site for unanswered questions, and put them in an e-mail to SC, but it would be much better done in an organised way via the official forum.

If not, then I am prepared to put this particular question (And any other) to Simon via email - I really think it should go through a fans forum though.

More thoughts. If it did happen I think that expectations need to be low. Questions of commercial sensitivity, issues to do with personalities, personnel/salary details, political negotiations, etc aren't going to get answers.

It may be down to the range of pies.

Of course.

Moderated questions avoiding sensitive issues would be the way to do it.

In tonight's rarely wrong Chron it says:

Corney has estimated that the no-go against Orient, coupled with the loss of the Boxing Day home match against Tranmere Rovers, may have lost Athletic up to £100,000 due to a lack of paying fans coming through the gates and other costs, including wasted food.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...t-of-big-freeze