Random memories from a good few years ago

United at home in a friendly - I think Wayne Harrison scored - now there was a player

Blackburn at home - match switched from Ewood Park - we got battered and Noel Brotherston had a blinder

Stoke away in the FA Cup - abandoned due to snowstorm - I think we were losing when it was abandoned but won the replay - didn't go to this one but it was on the telly when being on the telly was a rare thing

Not been this season yet as I live in the IOM - still, I've got my memories

United at home in a friendly - I think Wayne Harrison scored - now there was a player

Blackburn at home - match switched from Ewood Park - we got battered and Noel Brotherston had a blinder

Stoke away in the FA Cup - abandoned due to snowstorm - I think we were losing when it was abandoned but won the replay - didn't go to this one but it was on the telly when being on the telly was a rare thing

Stoke was 1979, we were 2-0 down at ht, abandoned then we go and nick the replay 1-0 - typical Latics! (the 2-0 abandoned game was on not long back on Teh big Match replayed on ITV4 - Stoke manager was spewing, Frizz was well pleased at the game being called off!)

Funniest abandonment memory was not involving Latics it was City v Leicester in Jan '95, City were struggling but went 3-0 up on a saturated pitch, the match was abandoned and LEicester won the re-arranged game 1-0! :grin:

United at home was around 81, remember I had my "Flicker" haircut then, Strachan got a lot of stick from the Chaddy but had a good laugh about it. Remember Brotherstone (RIP) getting a similiar amount of stick "Slap his head,Slap his head..." and he absolutely ran us ragged in the days when we rarely lost at home. Bogey team Blackburn won 3-0.

Was that Blackburn game about 1977?

4-0 v Ipswich (?) Tuesday night, Palmer broke the record (?).

So cold I poured Bovril over my hands.

That was in April (4th I think), which is supposed to be spring not winter. Lol.

I was sat in Ford Stand for the Blackburn defeat with all the B*st**d Rovers fans. We had season tickets with seats near the away fans... My mate's uncle's idea... Doh. Every home match was interesting, especially when Newcastle came to BP (no wonder I hate the Geordie t**ts)

Blackburn match was on Boxing Day 1981 - we were going really well with some good youngsters (Ryan, Atkinson, Heaton & McDonough) but got done and never really recovered - crowd was over 15,000

I think the United match was in 1984/5 but could be wrong

Stoke match was 1979 (Alan Young's best season - he left to go to Leicester on freedom of contract? - also Stainrod arrived)

Stoke was 1979, we were 2-0 down at ht, abandoned then we go and nick the replay 1-0 - typical Latics! (the 2-0 abandoned game was on not long back on Teh big Match replayed on ITV4 - Stoke manager was spewing, Frizz was well pleased at the game being called off!)

Funniest abandonment memory was not involving Latics it was City v Leicester in Jan '95, City were struggling but went 3-0 up on a saturated pitch, the match was abandoned and LEicester won the re-arranged game 1-0! :grin:

Playing for Manchester City in an FA Cup fourth-round tie at Luton in 1961, Dennis Law scored six times as City raced into a 6-2 lead, only for the match to be abandoned.

The Kenilworth Road pitch "first resembled a beach with the tide just out, then [there was] deep mud, then a shallow lake," according to one report of the game. "It's not every day that you score six goals," recalled Law. "I never did it again - the most I managed in a game that counted was four, which I got a couple of times. But then the heavens opened. Obviously it wasn't meant to be. The funny thing was when we went for the replay on the Wednesday the pitch was in a worse state than it ever was on Saturday."

As the law of Sod dictates, Law still scored in the second match, only for City to slump to a 3-1 defeat.