This season b

To be honest the next statement i'm gonna say,I have actually no idea who originally said it but it rings true to our current predicament this season: "your only as good as your strikers" at the end of the day say what you like about the team Dave Penney has assembled this season bit the only flaw this season has been our goal scoring ability weather that be through injuries (yes I know that DP brought Abbott in who is an injury prone player so ie DP's fault but if every manager DIDN'T sign players who were injury prone then the likes of Michael Owen, Ledley King wouldn't have become as good as they are, sometimes a manager has to take some risks and yes there are flaws in my statement!) or shocking misses ie Kiegan Parker Vs Millwall then the team has performed exceptionally well this season. Gregan has played the best i've ever seen since his loan spell. Dale Stephens has put in a couple of good performances, Danny W can actually beat the 1st man with a corner now! lol So there are definate positives to take from this season and i do genuinely believe we will stay up and that DP is the best man for the job. KTF

To be honest the next statement i'm gonna say,I have actually no idea who originally said it but it rings true to our current predicament this season: "your only as good as your strikers" at the end of the day say what you like about the team Dave Penney has assembled this season bit the only flaw this season has been our goal scoring ability weather that be through injuries (yes I know that DP brought Abbott in who is an injury prone player so ie DP's fault but if every manager DIDN'T sign players who were injury prone then the likes of Michael Owen, Ledley King wouldn't have become as good as they are, sometimes a manager has to take some risks and yes there are flaws in my statement!) or shocking misses ie Kiegan Parker Vs Millwall then the team has performed exceptionally well this season. Gregan has played the best i've ever seen since his loan spell. Dale Stephens has put in a couple of good performances, Danny W can actually beat the 1st man with a corner now! lol So there are definate positives to take from this season and i do genuinely believe we will stay up and that DP is the best man for the job. KTF

Morning, Dave. I agree - this season's been a massive success. I don't like goals or winning that much anyway.

The league table says it all,

Played 25

Scored 20

Conceded 30

Dean Smalley, Keigan Parker and Joe Colbeck have been crap this season. The players need to take some responsibility for where we are, regardless of who signed them. It's unbelievable considering the number of goals we have scored, that Dean Brill is still public enermy number 1.

Played 25

Scored 20

Conceded 30

Dean Smalley, Keigan Parker and Joe Colbeck have been crap this season. The players need to take some responsibility for where we are, regardless of who signed them. It's unbelievable considering the number of goals we have scored, that Dean Brill is still public enermy number 1.

U cant single out those 3 tho, Taylor has been woeful as have whittaker furman and just about anyone to pull on a blue shirt this season we have been dire. It doesnt help when you sign so many players with a history of being injury prone - u can get away with one or two but we have several not even counting purdie who was probably just unlucky.

We have a weak unbalanced squad with poor tactics that why we are where we are

To be honest the next statement i'm gonna say,I have actually no idea who originally said it but it rings true to our current predicament this season: "your only as good as your strikers" at the end of the day say what you like about the team Dave Penney has assembled this season bit the only flaw this season has been our goal scoring ability weather that be through injuries (yes I know that DP brought Abbott in who is an injury prone player so ie DP's fault but if every manager DIDN'T sign players who were injury prone then the likes of Michael Owen, Ledley King wouldn't have become as good as they are, sometimes a manager has to take some risks and yes there are flaws in my statement!) or shocking misses ie Kiegan Parker Vs Millwall then the team has performed exceptionally well this season

... and breathe.

Played 25

Scored 20

Conceded 30

Your mistaking Brill for Furman.

World cup ambitions lol.

Played 25

Scored 20

Conceded 30

Too right they do.

There are so many of them who continue to underperform - the three above (although I do see an improvement in Colbeck's play recently) but more so Taylor.

We need these guys to start believing in themselves and delivering on the pitch - before it's too late. :ranting:

The players haven't disappointed me much this season, barring Parker, Taylor and Furman, because Penney restricts them. Whittaker likes to get forward and we don't know what Furman does naturally, but Penney only has the strikers forward, the CM's can't get forward at al because of the defensive mentality of the idiotic Penney. Saying that, I was under the impression Furman could dictate a game and pass the ball... I was clearly wrong.

Colbeck's out of his depth, it's not his fault Safe Dave thinks he's good enough. Defenders have been excellent this year, so there's a positive. And if we have to use our abiity to beat the first man with our corners as our second positive, it says it all.

My only way of describing his selections of transfers etc is he has a long term plan and is building from the back to the forwards. IIF he survives til summer/start of next season, that would be the time to actually start getting forwards into the team/swuad. If he still doesn't, then its bye bye Penney I think.

Edited by bensonio

Too right they do.

There are so many of them who continue to underperform - the three above (although I do see an improvement in Colbeck's play recently) but more so Taylor.

We need these guys to start believing in themselves and delivering on the pitch - before it's too late. :ranting:

I wish they were good enough to be "underperforming"

They're just :censored:e.