Alot of people were quick to moan about the "lack of effort" to get the game on against Brentford. Well why dont people get down there Saturday morning and help the lads out, might even learn a thing or two whilst down there!

OAFC

I've no problem going down and helping out (Which I'll do), but I can't see that I'll learn anything.

Having spent a good deal of my working life in transport, I already know how to fold and roll large canvas sheets, which is pretty much all that will be going on.

Please don't fool people into thinking they'll learn about thermal physics and agrostology by turning up, when all they'll be needed for is a bit of muscle :wink:

I've no problem going down and helping out (Which I'll do), but I can't see that I'll learn anything.

Having spent a good deal of my working life in transport, I already know how to fold and roll large canvas sheets, which is pretty much all that will be going on.

Please don't fool people into thinking they'll learn about thermal physics and agrostology by turning up, when all they'll be needed for is a bit of muscle :wink:

Yeah and there's nothing in the article about free tickets or a pie or anything. Where's the incentive? I blame TTA blah, blah, blah... :wink:

they play saturday mornings.

Whatever happened to the good old days of apprentices? Cleaning boots and sweeping terracing. Thats how you learn about football, not ponsing about in Academies doing HND's in your spare time. When we won the World Cup in 66 the entire squad knew one end of a broom from another and were not shy of applying the dubbing because that what they were brought up with. They will learn nowt playing football on a Saturday morning. You mark my words. Discipline is what they need. Now, can we have a show of hands about who wants to bring back National Service?

The learn something bit was put in with just a tiny bit of sarcasm, obviously missed.