Loan players

Dave says:

"We have got 4 loans in now and we have to assess what area we want to strengthen" "We have one loan slot left so we will probably get Saturdays game out of the way and see where we are ready for the next three big games we have coming up"

Fan would like to say:

"We have an established team who I know have been here long enough to feel empathy with me win, draw or lose. I have a good idea of what direction the team is going in, ok we may have weaknesses, but I am confident the coaches are working on them. I am going to watch them at Colchester tomorrow week, if we don't play well tomorrow lets give Tom,Dick or Harry a chance from the youth team/reserves.We have a board that don't force Dave into this type of short termism behaviour"

What a way to run a business, how would you like it if a new boy appears next to you every Monday morning for a few weeks.Its a joke in our house, how may Latics loanees appear on the TV, the other night remember Colin the goalkeeper now playing for Carlisle , I had nearly forgot.Its been going on for years and it is tearing the heart out of the club.

i agree loan players although they state thier intentions of liking the club couldnt care less as proved by heffernan and countless others, give players onthe oafc payroll the chance and build from there.

agree,if most of the team were replaced for a match the first team may get a kick up the backside

Dave says:

"We have got 4 loans in now and we have to assess what area we want to strengthen" "We have one loan slot left so we will probably get Saturdays game out of the way and see where we are ready for the next three big games we have coming up"

Dave Penney on loanees in the rarely wrong Chron 1st October 2009:

“Sometimes you get too many players on loan and you lose your identity. We have three at the moment and I think that is enough.”

Dave says:

Fan would like to say:

"We have an established team who I know have been here long enough to feel empathy with me win, draw or lose. I have a good idea of what direction the team is going in, ok we may have weaknesses, but I am confident the coaches are working on them. I am going to watch them at Colchester tomorrow week, if we don't play well tomorrow lets give Tom,Dick or Harry a chance from the youth team/reserves.We have a board that don't force Dave into this type of short termism behaviour"

What a way to run a business, how would you like it if a new boy appears next to you every Monday morning for a few weeks.Its a joke in our house, how may Latics loanees appear on the TV, the other night remember Colin the goalkeeper now playing for Carlisle , I had nearly forgot.Its been going on for years and it is tearing the heart out of the club.

Agree with the tom bit (Tom eaves!)

While I'm not a massive fan of an endless parade of loan signings, it's harsh on DP to imply he was churning through them and ignoring players already at the club. Many of the loan signings have been completely necessary (well, given transfer windows or the lack of funds to sign permanently):

:censored: - cover for Worthington and Purdie's injuries

Flahavan - needed to cover Brill's loss of form

Sheehan - needed to cover Jacobson and Black's injuries

Hills - less necessary (why couldn't we extend Sheehan's loan?), but needed to provide more cover after Sheehan left

Heffernan - needed given desperate lack of firepower

Goodwin - given he's been a fixture since arriving who is he unfairly keeping out of the team?

Timar - possibly less necessary, but needed to shore up the defence (was Hazell suspended at the time?)

Price - see Heffernan (and given Heffernan's/Donny's reluctance to extend)

I'm sure some of these are more arguable, but who in our reserves was going to fit all of these roles?