Back to square one for stadium plan

It was late and I may have been a little testy :blush: My point really is that councils very often have sod all idea what the manifest interests of the town are and when they go in with the size 9s, forcing land to be used in ways the owners don't want, they will as likely as not get it wrong. I'd rather see these matters settled by seeign who really wants a particular outcome more by letting them buy land at the asking price if they think it's worth it, rather than by a grubby chasing of votes by half-arsed politicians playing interest groups off against each other.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was late and I may have been a little testy :blush: My point really is that councils very often have sod all idea what the manifest interests of the town are and when they go in with the size 9s, forcing land to be used in ways the owners don't want, they will as likely as not get it wrong. I'd rather see these matters settled by seeign who really wants a particular outcome more by letting them buy land at the asking price if they think it's worth it, rather than by a grubby chasing of votes by half-arsed politicians playing interest groups off against each other.

Maybe I'm a bit close to be objective, but I honestly think the current administration would wholeheartedly agree with that.

Not sure about the red lot though.

What is the size of the (ex) BAe site, compared to the size of BP? Could we manage without the additional 11.75 acres that's in dispute?

Just a thought! Answers in acres please!

<_<

Well they said the whole site was 30 acres did they not, and the 'additional' land that is in question is approx 11.75 acres, so are we looking at around 18acres? Is that not about the same as what Boundary Park is?

Also look at the construction costs of other stadiums that have just been built.

Chesterfield B2C Net Stadium, 10300 capacity, construction cost 13 million

Colchester Weston homes community stadium, capacity 10000, construction cost 14 million

Shrewsbury prostar stadium, capacity 9875, construction cost 10 million

Haliwell Jones Stadium (warrington RL), capacity around 13000 (some terracing), construction cost 12 million

The whole scheme at failsworth will cost about 20 million was it not said? How much of this would be construction costs of the stadium with no corners filled in?