This "SEASON TICKET REFUND IF ENGLAND WIN WORLD CUP" is stupid

What's that? Oldham's owners try an innovative scheme to bring in further support and it is shot down in flames by bitter and sad little fans who instantly sneer at anything put forth from within the club? Shock horror!

Seriously, some people need to think about a take on a time-honoured maxim that "if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all". I personally am bored by nonsense comments from guys who seem to take a perverse joy in knocking anything that comes out of the club whether it be on the pitch or from the boardroom.

If I didn't play footy myself then I'd take out a season ticket, but I wouldn't accept the money back. I'd rather it was invested into giving me something worth watching when I get myself down there.

but I wouldn't accept the money back. I'd rather it was invested into giving me something worth watching when I get myself down there.

Exactly my sentiments sir.

When I first heard about this scheme I assumed it was something being run by the FA, to refund every season ticket of every club in England. If it's really something that the club is doing alone, then I for one would not accept a penny of the refund. The club struggles financially enough as it is.

If I didn't play footy myself then I'd take out a season ticket, but I wouldn't accept the money back. I'd rather it was invested into giving me something worth watching when I get myself down there.

I was about to point out that, should England win the World Cup, some would let the club keep their money which would mean TTA almost collect twice on those particular tickets. Using Opinions4u's figures, if more than 372 declined the refund then the club would actually make more in the event that England win, even if they hadn't actually sold any extra season tickets!

:unsure:

What's that? Oldham's owners try an innovative scheme to bring in further support and it is shot down in flames by bitter and sad little fans who instantly sneer at anything put forth from within the club? Shock horror!

Seriously, some people need to think about a take on a time-honoured maxim that "if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all". I personally am bored by nonsense comments from guys who seem to take a perverse joy in knocking anything that comes out of the club whether it be on the pitch or from the boardroom.

Yes indeed and if they were to withdraw this "stupid" offer the same people will be mouthing off about the lack of marketing done by the club.

I fully expect England to return home from south africa trophyless nethertheless the fact that the club have put this offer on and done it early to allow build up of interest in this to bear fruition. As the world cup draws nearer and the interest builds in the press it could sell itself.

The more season tickets we sell the more scope we will have to bring in somekind of quality for next season.

whatever...... :grin:

Free marketing.....what we've all been moaning about..or some of you...the lack of it....

Great idea....unless England do win the big one...and then lets just hope they have taken some insurance out on this happening.

If England do win the World Cup then there'd likely be a subsequent uplift in attendances - nowhere near enough to compensate but maybe enough to offset a portion of the cost.

When the owners gave tickets away we had season ticket holders complaining, we have had more subsidised attendance projects than I hear of from other teams (reduced cost for Exeter, 3 for 2 voucher offers and the rest) but still a worrying number of the fans on the forum just love the chance to jump on the owners as some form of shadowy Scooby-Do style villains. I for one find it tiring!

I pretty much echo that Mr Vega.......(i might actually be considering it as we type.... :mmm: )

QUOTE (De_La_Vega @ Feb 17 2010, 20:54 PM)

Yes indeed and if they were to withdraw this "stupid" offer the same people will be mouthing off about the lack of marketing done by the club.

I fully expect England to return home from south africa trophyless nethertheless the fact that the club have put this offer on and done it early to allow build up of interest in this to bear fruition. As the world cup draws nearer and the interest builds in the press it could sell itself.

The more season tickets we sell the more scope we will have to bring in somekind of quality for next season.

Agree with both -there is nothing 'stupid' about this initiative - it's a genuine attempt at marketing the club in an innovative way - it should be applauded. :applause1: