tonights team

if you was doing penney's 'job' what would you select?

brill

goodwin or :censored: greegs ruebs jacobson

stephens

taylor

colbeck smalley

pav nardiello

seems like the ideal solution to me. put taylor in the middle and get him running at the opposition. the whole team would ling better. in recent games we all know the space between midfield and strikers is too big. put taylor in there and he could be the missing link. Any alternatives?

edited becaule formation hasn't quite showed correctly.

gk brill

rb goodwin or :censored:

cb greegs

cb ruebs

lb jacobson

rw colbeck

lw smalley

dcm stephens

acm taylor

cf pav

cf nardiello

Edited by c.hill12

if you was doing penney's 'job' what would you select?

brill

goodwin or :censored: greegs ruebs jacobson

stephens

taylor

colbeck smalley

pav nardiello

seems like the ideal solution to me. put taylor in the middle and get him running at the opposition. the whole team would ling better. in recent games we all know the space between midfield and strikers is too big. put taylor in there and he could be the missing link. Any alternatives?

edited becaule formation hasn't quite showed correctly.

gk brill

rb goodwin or :censored:

cb greegs

cb ruebs

lb jacobson

rw colbeck

lw smalley

dcm stephens

acm taylor

cf pav

cf nardiello

I would definitely NOT have Taylor at centre mid.

Goodwin at RB, :censored: alongside Stephens in midfield.

brill

lee greegs hazell jacobsen

colbeck worthington stephens whitts/smalley

nardiello abbott

have been a bit bold here but think taylor needs dropping and a rocket placed up his arse. not convinced wether whits can make an impact from the start but smalley has hardly been amazing this season. would also drop pav for same reason as taylor (admittedly abbott has been better than taylor but recently its becoming debatable especialy those stupid flicks he tries) but unsure on the fitness of allessandra.

worthy was on the bench on sat so can only asume he is fit enough to be involved and him as a defensive midfielder will give stephens more freedom to get forward and support the attack.

also if goodwin is fit i would probably start him right back and put lee on the left wing. we no he is good on the ball even if his defensive abilities are questionable so why not give him a chance to get forwad and cause some damage

we have probably tried 10 different combination in midfield and none have brought goals. i see taylor as the ideal option. and what have we got to lose? can hardly score any less than we have. and were at home so lets take the game to them and give them someting to think about.

i took lee out because i don't see him as a right back. Put him on the bench and his versatility gives us options to change the system if needed

brill

nardiello abbott

have been a bit bold here but think taylor needs dropping and a rocket placed up his arse. not convinced wether whits can make an impact from the start but smalley has hardly been amazing this season. would also drop pav for same reason as taylor (admittedly abbott has been better than taylor but recently its becoming debatable especialy those stupid flicks he tries) but unsure on the fitness of allessandra.

worthy was on the bench on sat so can only asume he is fit enough to be involved and him as a defensive midfielder will give stephens more freedom to get forward and support the attack.

also if goodwin is fit i would probably start him right back and put lee on the left wing. we no he is good on the ball even if his defensive abilities are questionable so why not give him a chance to get forwad and cause some damage

+1 but whits isnt a winger. and i dont think worthington or goodwin are match fit yet. keep furman in for now to try and get the team settled but i agree with dropping taylor and abbott. at least colbeck puts in a bit of effort

+1 but whits isnt a winger. and i dont think worthington or goodwin are match fit yet. keep furman in for now to try and get the team settled but i agree with dropping taylor and abbott. at least colbeck puts in a bit of effort

ur prob right about the fitness but if we get an hour out of worthy and actualy manage to attack with him holding and get a goal or to he can they take him off and go back the his normal negative tactics but actually have a lead to defend instead of defending a 0-0 draw

ur prob right about the fitness but if we get an hour out of worthy and actualy manage to attack with him holding and get a goal or to he can they take him off and go back the his normal negative tactics but actually have a lead to defend instead of defending a 0-0 draw

i wouldnt risk him tbh. after the next 6 games, we've got a tougher 8 games and we probably need him for them at full fitness. maybe half an hour or 20 mins at the end but i dont think he'll start.

didnt penney say that he was only on the bench vs exeter because :censored: or goodwin had a bug?

brill

nardiello abbott

Bingo