City plan £1bn Eastlands Redevelopment

Manchester City's £1bn plan for Eastlands

Exclusive by Deborah Linton

March 12, 2010

Manchester City is at the heart of a £1bn plan to create a world class sports and leisure complex and elevate the club into the global elite.

The massive scheme will transform one of Manchester's poorest areas and create thousands of jobs for local people.

Two-hundred acres of land around the Blues' Eastlands stadium will be redeveloped with plans for a club training base to rival AC Milan's.

If this goes ahead then its likely to make our plans look like crap.

Only adds to the madness of moving just down the road from there.

well we could always use their new training ground instead of building ourselves. It sounds like it will be larger than our own proposed stadium for all those capacity Oldham games!

At this moment in time 3G pitches is something they dont have at sports city, but I would bet alot of money that this new development will include full size and 5 a side 3g pitches, which begs the question would there really be a need for such facilities at Failsworth if it was to go ahead?

Manchester City's £1bn plan for Eastlands

Exclusive by Deborah Linton

March 12, 2010

Manchester City is at the heart of a £1bn plan to create a world class sports and leisure complex and elevate the club into the global elite.

The massive scheme will transform one of Manchester's poorest areas and create thousands of jobs for local people.

Two-hundred acres of land around the Blues' Eastlands stadium will be redeveloped with plans for a club training base to rival AC Milan's.

If this goes ahead then its likely to make our plans look like crap.

I'll believe this when I see it! Could just be city's owner showing toi the rest of the prem just how much cash he has to splash.....

I'll believe this when I see it! Could just be city's owner showing toi the rest of the prem just how much cash he has to splash.....

To be fair, he certainly did quite well with the the GP circuit in Abu Dabi. I wonder if they get any problem from NIMBY's? lol

Edited by jimsleftfoot