Penney...Tactical genius? er no

Brings Furman on for Smalley, but inexplicably moves Whittaker out to the right. Not a major fan of Whits but I thought he was very influencial in the middle of the park on a day when Stephens who has played well of late wasnt on top form.

No surprises then that following the change that we went long ball... absolutely crazy. Eventually saw the error of his ways and slotted Whittaker back in the middle. Does he not see these players in training and already know where their strengths lie? The key today (as seen in the first half) was to pass through the midfield with Taylor and Abbot dropping into the hole. We looked dangerous again (no surprises) when the balance was restored.

And as for KP....omg..... that, my friend was a very poor effort!

As for Betsy's "wonderstrike".....DB did well to dive over that one..... it actually appeared that the shot was missing at first. Did he get a hand to it to deflect it in to the goal (the angle of viewing may have deceived me).

Brings Furman on for Smalley, but inexplicably moves Whittaker out to the right. Not a major fan of Whits but I thought he was very influencial in the middle of the park on a day when Stephens who has played well of late wasnt on top form.

No surprises then that following the change that we went long ball... absolutely crazy. Eventually saw the error of his ways and slotted Whittaker back in the middle. Does he not see these players in training and already know where their strengths lie? The key today (as seen in the first half) was to pass through the midfield with Taylor and Abbot dropping into the hole. We looked dangerous again (no surprises) when the balance was restored.

As for Betsy's "wonderstrike".....DB did well to dive over that one..... it actually appeared that the shot was missing at first. Did he get a hand to it to deflect it in to the goal (the angle of viewing may have deceived me).

Don't even get me started on that. Just when you thought his early season form was just a blip......

he got a hand to it but it looked to me as if it got a little deflection on the way past becuase he dived late

I thought the shot went thought Brills hands I kinda took my eyes off it cause I thought he had got to it :(

We weren't controlling the middle of the park. They were getting forwards far too easily. There was some sense to the change.

Does he not see these players in training and already know where their strengths lie?

I thought his comment about not knowing what Kieron Lee's best position is was somewhat telling. Your question may be hitting a nail scarily on the head.

We weren't controlling the middle of the park. They were getting forwards far too easily. There was some sense to the change.

I thought his comment about not knowing what Kieron Lee's best position is was somewhat telling. Your question may be hitting a nail scarily on the head.

Bollocks we wernt controlling the middle of the park !!!!!!!

We were at home......we should have been pushing them backwards...instead Penny takes off a forward and replaces him with a midfielder.All that did was invite pressure on us.

What should have happened when we was 1-2 down is a full back coming off to be replaced with a midfielder,that way we may have had a chance to create chances for our forwards.

To take a forward of at home whilst 1-2 down is unforgivable !

You Sh*t Yorksh*re Bast*rd....Get out of our club !!!!!!!

dean brill is dog turd end off,why bring the lad from palace back and not even play him,that second goal was laughable,but lets be honest he's been dropping bollocks like that all season.

He has been one of, if not the best player of ours in the past few games, he makes one mistake and you dont hesitate to jump on his back.

I'm reserving judgement til i see the replay but keep your head up dean, you've done well since your break.

Bollocks we wernt controlling the middle of the park !!!!!!!

Well we weren't. There was a lot of industry from the central two but little output.

We were at home......we should have been pushing them backwards...instead Penny takes off a forward and replaces him with a midfielder.All that did was invite pressure on us.

That pressure was already there. Doing nothing would have been worse.

What should have happened when we was 1-2 down is a full back coming off to be replaced with a midfielder,that way we may have had a chance to create chances for our forwards.
I'm sure I saw a full back go off and a midfielder come on.

To take a forward of at home whilst 1-2 down is unforgivable !

Even if he's called Parker?

I'm not a fan of Penney by any means. But he had to change that midfield and he did change things to try and get the side forwards more.

He has been one of, if not the best player of ours in the past few games, he makes one mistake and you dont hesitate to jump on his back.

I'm reserving judgement til i see the replay but keep your head up dean, you've done well since your break.

tell me other than a pen save last week how he has been our best player in the last few weeks.

Well we weren't. There was a lot of industry from the central two but little output.

That pressure was already there. Doing nothing would have been worse.

I'm sure I saw a full back go off and a midfielder come on.

Even if he's called Parker?

I'm not a fan of Penney by any means. But he had to change that midfield and he did change things to try and get the side forwards more.

Just making a point, that maybe we should have taken a full back off and replaced them with a midfielder for the first substitution !!!!

Common sense to me !

Edited by ds200772